Friday 13-07-2018 – It's Friday the 13th! No Worries!

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum TDK Cafe Friday 13-07-2018 – It's Friday the 13th! No Worries!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  AV 4 days, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

katzenjammer
    Participant

The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskevidekatriaphobia (say it 5 times fast LOL!). Too often black kittehs get a bad rep due to ridiculous superstitions. But we LOVE sleek parlour panthers!

Gladly! 🙂

pussigato
    Participant

Interesting facts!? In Italian popular culture, Friday the 17th is considered a day of bad luck. The origin could be traced to writing number 17 in Roman numerals: XVII. By shuffling the digits of the number, one can easily get the word VIXI (“I have lived”, implying death in the present), an omen of bad luck. Other names include Friggatriskaidekaphobia from Norse mythology where Frigg is the Norse Goddess for Friday.

https://www.howtopronounce.com/paraskevidekatriaphobia/

COA-Mi pobre bebé

Have a happy~
    PG

pussigato
    Participant

AV saw her tutu

PollyMonster
    Participant

Great pics! The kit filing its nails reminds me very much of my much-missed Flicker, one of many wonderful black cats who have shared their lives with me. He didn’t have an evil bone in his body, but he did have a naughty streak, as all good kits should.

Kittyzee
    Participant

Awwww, what sweet pics! Love the rug with eyes and the little black kitten in the sink–SQUEEEEE!

Mr. KZ and I went to the funeral home last night to pay our respects to the family and husband of the woman who died last Friday while she and hubby were turning into a driveway on their motorcycle. They were hit from behind and it will be interesting to know what the accident investigation reveals as it was in bright daylight.

It had to be grueling for the family because we stood in the line for 3 hours and finally got to the family–and there was a good 3 hour line after that!

Bowtie is my black cat and she isn’t evil at all. I’ve had many black cats and they are the sweetest cats ever. I’ve seen some pretty mean ginger cats in my day though! 😆 Hope everyone enjoys their Friday, even if it is the 13th!

Jeankit
    Participant

Hmm…hot Friday the 13th ’round here too!
    fri 13th cat reminder
    Yay! TGIF and feline fine!
    friday baby
    LOL
    Yuppurrrs…now time for another cuppa fave brew to get thru part2 day 5!
    garfield java time 🙂
    Later/?? if not – wishes for a pawsome weekend kits!

AV
    Participant

Caddy

This is Caddy licking her chops the day after her ‘went MIA’ advernture! Had food all over her face! LOL

AV
    Participant

Caddy

Maybe this worked

AV
    Participant

AV
    Participant

Don’t know what I’m doing wrong! can’t get it from photobucket

JerseyJoan

Happy Friday the 13th! My black cats make me feel lucky every day.
    It’s the weekend and my little lake community in the Jersey mountains has moved into summer vacation party atmosphere mode. There’s a band playing down at the clubhouse that I can hear purrfectly from my house. They play 60s-70s stuff which is great by me!
    So sorry for your friend, KZ. Such a tragedy.
    So many black cats have been in my life. Hard to believe there was a 17 year span known as “the Shaddo/Jiggs era”, who didn’t sport black coats. Smokie’s too short life paved the way for them and Leela caught the reins after them.

katzenjammer
    Participant

AV, I just saw pic by clicking on url – Caddy is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s hello and bye for now as spent lots of time putting up todays street find – wall-mounted bathroom cabinet with shelving and bevelled glass door. Might post pics when it’s all set up. Took furever to get the thing on the wall – like a workout that I didn’t need! Some wall patch up needed. But since I’ll be getting my place painted no point in patching up area behind cabinet that doesn’t show, painter can take care of that.

The 2 times in my life that I adopted kittehs I wanted black kits. 1st time, the noir “didn’t like grrls”. The second time the kitteh was literally climbing my walls and didn’t seem to want to stay. So it was tuxie Nicky and now Dorry! Seems that kittehs do choose us! 🙂

pussigato
    Participant

Miss Caddy is sleek and gorgeous. She definitely deserves all your admiration.

AV
    Participant

?

AV
    Participant

Thx all! She is such a pretty kitty! Those piercing green eyes get me every time! And what a sweet heart she is …..

• This reply was modified 4 days, 4 hours ago by  AV.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.