8 week old kitten can't poop!! Plz help!!!

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 8 week old kitten can't poop!! Plz help!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tara
    Participant

I have an 8 week old kitten that can’t poop. He continues to try and can’t. I’ve tried stimulation and even using a tiny syringe without the needle to get saline enema solution into his little hiney. I don’t know what else to try. He’s getting awful swollen and I’m scared for him. What else can I try? Please please help!!!

Kittyzee
    Participant

You haven’t said how long it’s been since he has gone. But if it’s over 5 days, and he is 8 weeks old and should be going on his own now. You may need to get him to the vet for an enema. Once they get poop then he should be able to go on his own. Hopefully, you are feeding wet food and you can mix a little olive oil or mineral oil in with it to soften it and keep things moving.

His litter should be unscented, NONclumping, plain clay litter for now. Once he is a little older, you can switch to the clumping. Some kittens thing every thing should be eaten and they will eat the litter. This can cause a blockage in their intestines. Let us know how he is doing!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.