7 week old Kitten won\'t stop crying

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 7 week old Kitten won\'t stop crying

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Please help me, I’m really stressed about my kitten right now.
    I adopted a male Orange Tabby kitten yesterday (He was apart of a litter of 5.), and he’s completely fine. He’s super shy but really affectionate and loves to cuddle with me. I usually leave him in a room by himself, when I come in and pick him up, he purrs so loud for a kitten and loves to play. But, the problem is, whenever I leave my kitten alone he constantly meows so I can come back, and I don’t know what to do! The only time he stops meowing is when he’s asleep, eating, in the litter box, or outside with me. Please, I need something to help him be quiet! It stresses me out and makes me worry a lot.

Thanks for the help,
    Steven

P.S I haven’t decided a name for him yet so I need help with that as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi CeruleanEdge,

Welcome to TDKland. We’re the furriest feline blog around!

Your wee tyke is lonely. He comes from a family of 5 sibs, is now by himself. So this is why he’s extra excited to be with you. You really don’t need to worry. However, you have 2 options: 1) spend a lot more time with him or 2) get him a playmate. Two kittens aren’t any more difficult than one. IMHO, two kits is the best options. I have 3 kits. 😉 Purrhaps, one of sibs is still available.

PG

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you! I went to clean his litter box and he happened to love playing with a plastic bag I left out and a ball with a bell inside so I left them out for him, now he’s fine and is enjoying his time in his room!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great!

I’m sure you cut off the handles so he doesn’t choke. In fact a paper bag would be better. Many peeps don’t know this but kittens will eat litter. Ewww! Anyway, so if you’re use the clumping litter he could eat it and it will clump in his tummy. Please pick up the non-clumping unscented clay litter. When he’s about 6-7 months you can switch back to the clumping stuff.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi CE,

OTs are the most affectionate and playful kits. I love them! Kits tend to “tell” you their hoomin name. Having said that, here’s a few suggestions:

Nacho, Snowy (for the fun of it!), Colby, Julius

Let us know what you two decide

PG

katzenjammer
    Participant

I like Julius. And Colby, classy and brings to mind the orange cheese.
    And how about:
    Purrito or Tang?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.