7 week old kitten has diarrhea

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 7 week old kitten has diarrhea

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    idkidkidk
    Participant

my 7 week old kitten has diarrhea as far as we know he has had diarrhea since we got him which was about a week ago and he has been to the vet right when we got him and he has an appointment it about 2 weeks we don’t know what to do we are feeding him hard food and some soft food

Skyron
    Participant

There are so many possible causes for diahrrea, the vet should be able to help you out. Do you know if he has been dewormed at all? As far as food goes, best thing to feed upset tummies is boiled down chicken and rice. Make sure he eats, and stays hydrated. And obviously if he takes a turn for the worse, take him straight to the vet.

I’ve added some tags for you – for the tent test for dehydration, and for the recipe for pedialyte, which you can give him to drink if he is dehydrated. Hope your kitty gets better!

idkidkidk
    Participant

he has been dewormed and he eats and drinks fine

Skyron
    Participant

Then you are probably looking at an intestinal bacterial infection, like coccidia. Your vet will need a fresh stool sample to make sure, but its very easy & straight forward to treat. Try him on the chicken and rice food though. That will elimenate any possible food related causes.

Bri157
    Participant

When I got my Izzy from the SPCA she was 6 weeks old and had diarrhea…it even got to the point where she was incontinent 🙁 After several stool samples and many expensive vet trips plus being told she may have to be put down I finally took her to another vet who suspected she could simply have an intestinal infection and put her on a trial run of metronidazole for 2 weeks which WORKED!!!!!

Don’t lose hope!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.