6 week old bottle fed kitten pooping problems

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 6 week old bottle fed kitten pooping problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Natalie
    Participant

I have been bottle feeding my kitten since she was a couple of days old. She is now 6 weeks and she’s always had pooping issues. I still have to stimulate her to poop! She did it once successfully on her own a few days ago and I was so happy! The last 2 days she has become extremely bloated and I have had to stimulate her to poop again. Her poop is black, tarry, and stringy. I have read that it could be upper intestinal bleeding, but she doesn’t have any other symptoms. She is playful, eats well (soft cat food infused with water) and has water infused kitten milk 3x a day. She is not drinking water on her own and that is why I’ve been trying to add it to her diet. I am worried about her 🙁 I have talked to my vet and she advised me to add the water to diet. The black poop is concerning though. I am going to take her to vet tomorrow to get her looked at but I would like to see if anyone here had some advice or similar experiences.

Natalie
    Participant

Oh, and I would like to add that about a week and a half ago she was extremely constipated. I had to stimulate her and got some huge hard poops out of her. That’s when the issue with the black poop began

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please take her to the vet now.

Kittyzee
    Participant

Yes, black tarry stools need to be looked at by a vet, ASAP. Let us know what you find out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.