5 year old cat hates all other cats!! HELP

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum General Chat 5 year old cat hates all other cats!! HELP

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Beliabeans
    Participant

why does my 5 year old female cat hate all other cats even kittens?

How can i get her to like them?

will time make her like my male 5 month old kitten?

Kit
    Participant

http://www.messybeast.com/first-impressions.htm

This site has a lot of information, this link should take you onto a page that talks about how to integrate a new kitty with your current one. But please do be aware that some cats just are not social, and they will never adjust.

ladysky61
    Participant

Spayed? Not Spayed? Ever have a litter of kittens? How long have you had the kitten? What methods have you tried? It always takes times with cats.

Also, possibly unrelated, but have you gotten the kitten neutered yet?

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

If they don’t become ‘friends’ they may learn to tolerate each other, just takes time for it to play out. They can be just like humans, some you like, some you tolerate, some you never like, etc.

AV
    Participant

in my experience, females have this problem more than males……….. my 17 year old white female (Cuddles), never could learn to like my sweet Siamese (Abby)……. she ‘tolerated’ her for three or four years, but started ‘marking’ things in the house (like my good living room chairs and rug)………… and she was spayed as a kitten……….. finally, when we moved to a house that has a detached apartment/studio, I separated them – Cuddles lives in the apt. (Mr. AV works out there during the daytime) and Abby lives in the main house…………… she couldn’t be happier – no other cat/animal influence……………. lot of attention from Mr. AV………. doesn’t have to share litterbox, food bowl, etc………….. haven’t had one ‘incident’ of marking since they were separated……….. not my way of choice, but it works for us nicely……………… best of luck to you!

debsterwiz
    Participant

My sweet little Sammie is like this too! She absolutely loves all humans, will hang and cling to you but HATES cats. She has always been this way, and I expect this will never change as she is 17 now.

Just know that all cats have their own personality quirks, this is just one of them that she has. Best of luck!

MaryLynnVa
    Participant

My Oreo has been living in the den for the past 3 years, and she couldn’t be happier not to deal with the dog and the other cats.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.