5 weeks old and only weighs 8 ounces :/

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum General Chat 5 weeks old and only weighs 8 ounces :/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lexi
    Participant

Today Ollie and mr Meowgi are 5 weeks old! So far they have gotten the litter box training down… Just started eating soft food yesterday. Only concern is they both weigh 8 ounces still 🙁 should be atleast 16 ounces by now, I do realize since they never had their momma there would be more problems. I took Ollie to the vet today because he was acting weak this morning. Vet said possible fading kitten syndrome:( I’m hoping this isn’t true. They’re are doing everything their supposed to! Just smaller then normal… I feed often every 3-4 hours because of their size. Any tips? Or info? They’re on Clindamycin Hydrochloride oral liquid drops for ten days now ( from vet) an antibiotic. I’ll update again in a couple days ! Thank you!! P.s Ollie is back to normal again after the vet checkup!

katzenjammer
    Participant

Blessings that things go well Lexi. Pics are super-cute. Just one small thing. Noticed in pic that food bowl is plastic. I was advised that plastic is not ideal. I’ve been using a real (person) plate and glass dish for water. No, not fine china and crystal. That said I’m not a vet, vet tech or anything, just a run-of-the-mill cat slave, but you might want to ask vet. And for what it’s worth you and the other posters who take on rearing newborn kitties have my utmost admiration.

JerseyJoan

Oooh Lexi, they are adorable!
    Once they get into the “real food ” thing, they probably will catch up, weight-wise. Bottle babies have their own set of rules!
    Sadly, there is nothing that can be done about FKS, hoping Ollie is over that block.
    KJ has a point about plastic ware. I do have plastic dishes for my kits’ crunchies; just keep ’em clean and watch for feline acne. If they get that you should get rid of plastic for sure!

Lexi
    Participant

Thank you so much! Just grabbed them at petco today in the hamster section but will def get some ceramic bowls

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.