5 week old kitten with SERIOUS flea problem

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 5 week old kitten with SERIOUS flea problem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Okay I have a 5 week old kitten named Wilmer that I received from a women that came into my work (I work at a pet store). Hes super sweet but jas a major flea problem and has gotten to the point where the poor baby is making himself bleed from scratching himself. I gave him a bath and washed him with dawn dish soap and tried to pick all the fleas off with a flea comb and tweezers because he’s still to young to use the flea treatment I have for him although he really needs it. Does anyone have any suggestions because I’m seriously stumped? 🙁

Kittyzee
    Participant

If you work at a pet store, you can probably buy at a discount the Advantage II flea spray or Frontline spray. You can apply it on kittens too, so check the bottle for weight/age. Even a little on the kitten at 5 weeks would kill some fleas and their eggs. You have to be careful that the scratching he has already done doesn’t get infected. If has has open wounds or sores, make sure to wash them thoroughly with an antibacterial soap or rinse, dry and spray with Vetricin or neosporin ointment. And make sure flies stay from any open wound.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.