5 month kitten has eye infection i think

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 5 month kitten has eye infection i think

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    benjamin’s mommy
    Participant

I JUST NOTICED TODAY THAT MY KITTEN KEEPS CLOSING HIS EYE AND CANT KEEP IT OPEN ALL THE WAY AND ALSO HE HAS EYE BOOGIES. TODAY IS SATURDAY I CANT SEE THE VET UNTIL MONDAY. IS THAT OKAY TO WAIT 2 DAYS? PLS HELP

Moonshadow_NZ

Hi Benjamin’s Mommy, if there is no way of seeing a vet until Monday then the best advice I can give you is to gently wipe your kittens eye from the inner corner out with a used moist cooled teabag(no milk). You can use ordinary black tea or pure green tea(no fruit additives). Make sure it is cooled not chilled and keep it on a saucer while cooling so as to keep it clean. Do this every few hours. I hope that eases the eye until you can get your kitty to the vet.

Kittyzee
    Participant

Yes, like MS said, since you can’t get to the vet until Monday, wiping the eye with a cooled teabag will definitely help. Also a warm damp cloth also to loosen the crustiness and remove it a few times a day. As long as you get your kitten to the vet soon for some antibiotic ointment and maybe antibiotics by mouth, he should be okay. Letting it go and thinking it will get better is not a good option as sometimes a kitten can lose an eye if you wait. I know this from experience, unfortunately. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.