?4 week old kittens?

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum General Chat ?4 week old kittens?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    kitty momma
    Participant

I recently rescued kittens that we guess to be about four weeks old. They are doing fine, except every once in a while one of the bunch will start acting slow and lethargic. I tried the karo syrup but I did not really get any results. I did a number of things and the kitten finally got better, here is the list:

Bathed it

Karo

Nutri-Cal

KMR

Pedialite/baby food.

Extra warmth

The problem is, I don’t know exactly which of these helped the kitten get better, or what the kitten is suffering from. It hits them randomly in the litter, and it seems like once they get over it they are absolutely fine. I have had them living with me for about a week, and someone else had them living in their house for about a week. No idea where the mom is or who she is. They were initially dropped on the side of the road when my friend found them. There are four in a wide range of sizes, from 8-16 oz, and all different colors. It seems to be the heavier/bigger kittens that have been affected so far. I had the kittens wormed and we started treatment for coccidia just in case, as a preventative measure. When the kitten gets sick he usually starts not eating as much, and then he throws up, and then they act extremely weak and lethargic. This is followed by my regiment, and then they seem to be okay after.

Any ideas? I’m really at a loss and I haven’t slept in 3 days due to the constant treatment of one of the four as well as keeping up with feeding them. I love them and I would do it all over again, but advice at this point would not hurt.

Also, I was told one of the kittens before I got them died of unknown causes. All they could say was that it was not a sugar problem, and it was not severely anemic, but did show signs of anemia. It also had a fever at the time of death.

Of course I am paranoid at this point and every time one of them looks faint or is not eating I give it a little nutri-cal just in case. That can’t hurt can it? Also, I have given puppies in the past LLysine, can kittens have that too to boost the immune system?

Thanks guys

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.