4 month old w/ diarrhea

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 4 month old w/ diarrhea

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Poof
    Participant

…and the saga continues! Poof is very happy these days eating the Wellness Core products and a new eating schedule. Although I do see some improvement in the consistency of his stool it is still in fact diarrhea by definition. I have seen a couple stools that had shape so I have hope. It’s been 5 days now on the high protein wet diet & FortiFlora I’m not giving up yet.

On the brighter side we are now going about 3-4 days in between baths so things are getting better. With the weather here in the 90’s I’m sure a cool bath feels pretty good in the afternoon. Yesterday he just stood in the sink while I rinsed him. He is getting big! I wish I could play with him more but he sees me as that “human who bathes me” and only wants to be touched when he sees fit. The rest of the time he semi hides in places so he can sleep and watch me at the same time. If I move from one room to the other he follows me each time finding a “safe” spot to watch me from.

Next week will take him to the vet, I may take him to a new vet depending on how is tummy is. Everyone thinks I need a second opinion.

Teresa

Poof
    Participant

Good Day All,

Update: The Wellness Core high protein products & FortiFlora are doing the trick!! I didn’t want to jinx it but I’m going on day 2 of normal stools!!! I’ve never been so happy to clean the litter box!! The new eating schedule is wonderful also, he eats more at one time and is a happier kitten in my humble opinion. It has been 3 days now between baths and we are still a clean kitten for the most part. I’m so happy.

Thank you everyone for all of the links, suggestions and experience stories that helped point me in the right direction when the vet failed to.

Teresa & Poof

Bri157
    Participant

Hi there Poof,

I am having the VERY same problem with my kitten! I adopted her from a shelter and I am going on week 7 of chronic diarrhea 🙁

I’ve had all the tests done with no results, vet is stumped as well but I need help because Izzy’s bum is swollen and sore and I’m going through kitty litter and bedding like crazy! The vet has changed her diet twice(medic

-cal gastrointestinal and medi-cal development) put her on a probiotic( which helped a bit) and the latest was the antibiotic metronidazole… Which made her diarrhea the worst I have ever seen!!!!! It was squirting out of her when she jumped and played, so I discontinued it!!! I don’t know where to turn or what to do, the vet bills have added up to nearly 1000.00 with no help to Izzy!

Is your baby still having formed bowel movements? I was so happy to see your post with a happy ending!

ladysky61
    Participant

Do you know what she was fed at the shelter? Did she have diarrhea there? My sister’s cat had that problem and it turned out he needed to stay on this premium cat food that he was eating before.

Bri157
    Participant

She was fed Iams at the shelter. I am not sure if she had the runs there but I have never seen her have a solid stool so I am guessing yes?!

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.