3 week old orphaned kittens would drink and eat but poo is mushy

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum General Chat 3 week old orphaned kittens would drink and eat but poo is mushy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Yvonne
    Participant

I recently got 2 orphaned persian kitties and they have been with me. They eat just fine and they are very active kitties and dont seem to look sick but i could be wrong.
    But they have had mushy stool for 3 days straight and i am starting to panic. Is this something that would eventually go away?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yvonne,

Thanks for rescuing these two kits.

Diarrhea in kittens is very serious but it doesn’t sound like that’s what is happening.

KMR concentrate tends to give kits constipation and the KMR liquid does the opposite. Here in TDKland, we recommend Goats’ milk for kittens. Cats are lactose intolerant and can’t digest cows milk. Goats’ milk is full of nutrients, probiotics and gentler on their tummies. This can also regulate the poop. You can find it in the dairy section or the concentrate in the baking aisle. Mix the concentrate 1:1 with water or pedylite.

It’s almost always the case that orphaned kits have worms because their mom has them. Contact the vet. about getting dewormers. DO NOT attempt to give them the dewormer.

Good Luck
    PG

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.