3 week old kitten wild on the bottle and sneezing milk

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 3 week old kitten wild on the bottle and sneezing milk

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rm gilmore
    Participant

I’ve been reading every article imaginable on the subject, but still feel my question is unanswered. Even my own vet gave little andvice, though he is a pretty attentive guy.

Maz, abandoned at about 10 days old and found in the insulation of a wall, is now a healthy 3 week old meow machine. She plays, pees, pooped once (a bit concerned about that), and digs the bottle.

She’s ferocious, and regularly gnaws on the nipple, attacks the bottle, and rips my fingers to shreds. Now, with no change in feeding position or nipple, she has started producing milk from her nose.

She will immediately sneeze, and sneeze, and sneeze, cough, sneeze, and meow for more food. I asked the vet a few days ago about it and told him I was worried about her croaky meow possibly being a sign of the onset of pneumonia. He gave her a thorough once over (it was our recheck visit for her eye infection which has cleared up beautifully) and said she was healthy.

She is fed 15cc of slightly diluted (because she’s blocked up) KMR 4-5 times a day. Always on her tummy, but she regularly climbs or stands which causes a fight when I try to reposition her. I have created multiple nipple hole configurations and it’s either way, way, way too too tiny and produces no milk or it’s perfectly sized and she STILL gets milk in her nose.

Kitty burrito works for a second, then she’s struggling to free herself, in turn choking on milk. She chews the crap out of the nipple and sometimes will try to walk away, biting the nipple in her teeth, dragging it under her legs.

Out of desperation, I gave it a shot and tried out a tiny dish of milk. She shoved her face in, though it was literally not even a thimble full, and promptly got milk in her nose. She did lick some off my finger, but she wasn’t seriously interested and ended up just chewing on me.

I have to say I’m super stressed about aspiration pneumonia to the point I kinda want to cry while feeding her. Exhaustion doesn’t help, but really, this kitten is going to give me a stroke.

Any help is appreciated!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.