3 four week old kittens will pee in litter box but not poop.

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum General Chat 3 four week old kittens will pee in litter box but not poop.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Amanda
    Participant

Hello my name is Amanda, I have a cat named milkshake she’s beautiful! I got her off the street and she ended up getting outside one day and got pregnant. Now she has 3 beautiful little angels. Milkshake has been a great mother, but I am concerned they aren’t pooping. They are finally using the litter box to pee but I have no seen any poop. They just started drinking water, I plan on making gruel for them. They still eat off of Mom but why aren’t they pooping?

Kittyzee
    Participant

I’m not sure Amanda, but could it be that the mother is licking and stimulating them and ingesting it like she always has and you aren’t seeing it? When kittens eat from mom they use up most of the milk, unlike using milk replacer or feeding wet food. They are old enough for you to get the pate’ style wet food and add some KMR or goat’s milk to it to make it a little soupy. They should start licking at it and once they do, you will see poop. They will also watch mom use the litter box and eating wet food and figure out what to do. You could also put a little on your finger and place it on the roof of their mouth for a taste, then let them follow your finger back to the bowl.

Amanda
    Participant

hey amanda. There is this poop training. Look for it

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.