3-4 week old kittens 1 is acting very lethargic and not eating

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 3-4 week old kittens 1 is acting very lethargic and not eating

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lori
    Participant

I am a rescue to date i have rescued 15 kittens most varied in age from 5-6 weeks this last 3 i got almost 3 weeks ago they were considerably younger just opened their eyes i went ot everyt feral cat sight have done a good job to this point but my littlest snickers is looking very tired is eating but i think he has diarrhea which I know is vewry bad i bought some pedialyte can i give him that and I dont have the money for a vet. Ive done allp this rescuing in my hone i ve kept every rescue they all are very happy but i cant lose one and im scared im goung to lose snickers. what do i do i cant afford a vet feeding 14 cats i have only re homed 1 becuz i dont trust that ppl wilol take care of them right or they will treat them bad alot of these rescues come from ppl dumping them and i just dont want to see that happen again

Kittyzee
    Participant

Yes, you can add the pedialyte to his milk. If he is lethargic and will not eat, then rub some syrup on his gums or syringe a few drops into the corner of his mouth to get some into him. Then, when he perks up feed him the milk/pedialyte mix. Sometimes, no matter what you do, you can lose kittens…even seemingly healthy ones in the blink of an eye. Please remember that they would have had no chance without you caring for them and don’t blame yourself.

I am going to post some links for you too, they may help you and they are full of information you may need in the future.

http://messybeast.com/handrear.htm

Bottle Babies

lori
    Participant

Ty so much after reading many posts on here i realized there is hope amd these links are amazing ty so so much. After alll this he was cold cuz after iput him in about 5 blankets her came crawling out and attaxked his brother yayyy if it wasnt for the daily kitten i would have never saw that being cold could do that so i moved them away form the ac. I cant thank you and this site enuf.. <3 <3

Kittyzee
    Participant

You are welcome lori! One pointer also is a heating pad in the nest, set on low wrapped in a towel…and a place for them to crawl off if they get too hot. Kittens cannot regulate their own body temperature until they get older–one reason they lay in a ‘kitten pile’ keeping each other warm. Cold kittens cannot digest food either, but a warm kitten is a happy kitten!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.