3-4 week old kitten won't poop!!

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 3-4 week old kitten won't poop!!

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sarah
    Participant

Around 5 days ago i found a baby kitten in my backyard, and it seems he was abandoned by his mother. I’ve been feeding him kitten milk and occasionally wet food mixed with kitten milk, which he eats, but he hasn’t pooped. He didnt pee for the first day or two when i stimulated him, but he finally did and pees ever since. But he won’t poop at all. Please help, stimulating won’t work, i got him a litter box and hes only peed in it. I can’t take him to the vet and i’m scared it’s fatal. He doesnt seem sick, hes playful and sleeps and eats fine. Ive also tried the triangle method but he wiggles around too much so i can’t.

Sarah
    Participant

I think he might’ve just pooped on his own but it was a really small amount and it was a light green and mushy? Is this normal because he was constipated for so long?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well Sarah,

You can put a bit of Olive/Mineral oil in his formula. This helps smooth his track. Here in TDKland, we recommend Goats’ milk for kittens. Cats are lactose intolerant and can’t digest cows milk. Goats’ milk is full of nutrients, probiotics and gentler on their tummies. This can also regulate the poop. You can find it in the dairy section or the concentrate in the baking aisle. Mix the concentrate 1:1 with water or pedylite. If, at any time, they seem lethargic put a dab of Karo syrup or honey in their mouth. Goats’ milk is less expensive than KMR.

Sometimes, kits will poop on their own. He needs to poop and that may be what happened here. You will still have to teach him how/where to him poop.

Here’s some links to low cost clinics. I’m sure someone can help you.

http://www.kryssrescuecenter.com/low-cost-veterinary-clinics.html

Sarah
    Participant

Good news, he finally pooped!!!
    It was a healthy brown poop, all on his own!! Im so proud of him!!
    Thanks for the help @pussigato 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yea!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.