2 week old stimulation peeing/pooping concerns

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 2 week old stimulation peeing/pooping concerns

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I found these little guys last Thursday and i believe they are about 2 and a half weeks old. I put them on KMR right away and understood all the basics. Feeding, simulating, warming and what not. They both peed great at first, but no poop. Didnt get poop until 2 days ago, sunday. They both went and it was solid/formed poop. Since then kitty A, has pooped while I stimulated,normal pasty poop, and one other solid time on its own. While peeing normally after stimulation. Kitty B has had only solid poop, each day since Sunday and only goes on its own in between feedings. As of this morning, has stopped peeing after stimulation and is becoming very bloated. Pees on its own, as their bedding is always wet when i go in to feed. What could be causing him to become bloated? And should I be worried he won’t pee for me after feedings?

Kittyzee
    Participant

He could be peeing on his own–check the bedding and underneath to see if it has been wet. You may be surprised, like I was, to find that it didn’t look wet on the top, but the bottom of the bed was soaked. Also, sometimes kittens pee as they crawl across their bedding especially if the bedding touches their private parts. It stimulates them to go and they just do it crawling. The bloat may be caused by parasites since most kittens have them.

A vet visit might relieve your worries since a check up might reveal any problems. You sound like you are doing wonderfully with these little guys. The vet can give them something (when they are old enough) to kill worms or any other parasites they may have since the OTC medications sometimes aren’t effective and are too harsh and can harm kittens and cats.

Anonymous
    Inactive

He does pee on his own. I have to change the bedding every feeding. Has since we got him, but he’s always peed after stimulation too. But stopped as of this morning. I don’t believe both are peeing on their own, as it’s only one wet spot. Is that ok, and his tummy still be bloated and somewhat hard? Thank you much!

Anonymous
    Inactive

He does pee on his own. I have to change the bedding every feeding. Have since we got him, but he’s always peed after stimulation too. But stopped as of this morning. I don’t believe both are peeing on their own, as it’s only one wet spot. Is that ok, and should his tummy still be bloated and somewhat hard? Thank you much!

Kittyzee
    Participant

I don’t think the bloating is from the urinary tract (pee), but from the digestive tract because he could be constipated, or have worms. From your first post, he doesn’t sound constipated, that’s why I suggested a vet visit so he can be checked out by a professional.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.