2 Week Old Kittens – Potty Advice??

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 2 Week Old Kittens – Potty Advice??

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jess
    Participant

Hi!
    First of all, I am a first time bottle-baby mama and this site has been a LIFESAVER. Thank you thank you.

I have four 2 week old rescue kittens. They were abandoned more than likely on the day they were born and due to weather, neighborhood dogs, and them being covered in insects, we decided to take them in after mom didn’t come back for the entire day.

They have been growing consistently, eating very well. They crawl around when they are out of their nest for feedings, eyes are beginning to open, seem pretty healthy!

However, after pretty normal pooping the first two days, they just stopped defecating all together. When they finally did it was very runny and there was a tiny bit of blood on the anus after each stimulation.

I took them to the vet where she prescribed some antibiotics and said the bleeding shouldn’t be an issue if it starts getting better.

That was 3 days ago, and they are still having diarrhea and blood on their bums, red and inflamed anuses. I am feeding them canned KMR halved with Pedialyte. They seem healthy otherwise, not lethargic or feverish. Has anyone had any experience with this??

Kittyzee
    Participant

I have found that when feeding canned KMR, my kittens had loose stools. Feeding the powdered helped to stiffen it up, then you run the risk of constipation. I ultimately found that alternating between the two, or alternating between KMR and goat’s milk was the secret to consistent poop. Once I did that, they would poop daily or every other day. Once they start on solid food, or introducing it to the formula in the form of a gruel, they start pooping pretty regularly.

Goat’s milk you can find in the fresh milk refrigerated section of the grocery, or in the baking aisle in canned condensed (add water 1 to 1) or in the powdered form (follow the directions on the can).

I will post some links for you on hand rearing, but you sound like you are doing great!

http://messybeast.com/handrear.htm

Bottle Babies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.