2 week old kitten questions for fellow fosters

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 2 week old kitten questions for fellow fosters

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ashley Pogo
    Participant

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys could share your experiences with me. I just started fostering and I have a few questions that are not important enough to bother my coordinator with xD I have 2 two week old kittens named Bumble and Bee c: Such cuties!

– The two kittens suckle on my hand even when they aren’t hungry, is this just a sort of calming thing? Sometimes they even fight for the same spot on my hand to nom on LOL.

– 3 weeks is the age to try and get them to use the litter box and start weaning them right?

– If they do not get up and cry, is it alright to not feed them until they wake up? They slept for 6 hours once and I had to wake them up to feed them again. Should I be worried or will they really tell you when they are hungry?

– Does anyone have experience with a kitten who has a bit of a hard time pooping? Poor girl poops little pellets slowly while her brother poops so easily.

– Everyone says to put a heating pad on low, but mine is under a pet bed and a blanket, do you think medium is too hot for them? They don’t seem to move to the colder side so that’s a plus. Low just feels not warm enough, I would rather them move over if they are hot than not get warm enough.

– When can you stop using a heating pad?

I’ll add more questions when I have them but i’m excited to hear everyone’s experiences!

Charlie
    Participant

Hi Ashley,

I’m afraid I don’t have any experience with kittens, but Jeankit one of the members here has posted LOADS of links for raising them. It’s in a thread that’s still on the first page in Cats and Kittens. There are a ton of older threads for raising littlins too. Have a wee look because there are a heap of links to sites and videos on all sorts of things from constipation to behaviours. Hope that they help you with your 2, fostering sounds like so much fun 😀

Kittyzee
    Participant

Hi Ashley, concatulations on raising little ones! I am going to give you a couple of links to very good sites to answer your question. I have hand reared many kittens, but the info is just too lengthy to keep retyping. If you have any questions after these links, feel free to post them!
    http://messybeast.com/handrear.htm

Chaos’ Guide to Constipation

http://www.safehavenforcats.com/newborn.htm

Charlie
    Participant

Hey Ashley, how are the kits doing? 😀

Jeankit
    Participant

Thanks for sharing helpful links KZ/Charlie.
    Just type in few word on pink search bar above right for more helpful chat/links.
    (That’s why always helps to put word as tag below when looking for chat/links on topic! 😀 )
    Welcome to TDK Ashley – please share update – questions…TDK peeps around from all areas/time zones to help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.