2.5 Week Old Kitten, Not Pooping

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 2.5 Week Old Kitten, Not Pooping

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Angel Crofts
    Participant

Hi, i’m new here and I have rescued this adorable 2.5 week old baby girl (we haven’t named her yet). I have been following these threads religiously and have tried everything but the Triangle Method. She eats well (about 6-7 Ccs per feeding 6 times a day), and I help her pee, but she won’t poop. My husband and I have both tried massaging her belly, using warm cotton balls and wash rags and massaging her behind, putting a drop of olive oil in her feeding 1x a day, feeding 1/3 formula to water (we are giving her KMR formula), and she had an enema from the vet two days ago. I’m easy to freak out when it comes to my furbs and any help that we haven’t tried would be awesome. Oh, also, when we first found her, she had an eye issue that we cleared up with Trimycin.

Kittyzee
    Participant

You can put more than one drop in the bottle and I would do it at every feeding, until she poops. Oh, and the triangle method really works, so you should try it!!

Goat’s milk works wonders too, and is good for the gut and immune system. You can find it in the refrigerated milk section as fresh, or in the baking aisle in cans or powder.

katzenjammer
    Participant

Since I’m no expert on such young kits, I have no advice, KZ is one of our “resident experts” though!

But I did have to stop by to say “Goodness, this wee tabby girl is adorable!!!!”

Angel Crofts
    Participant

KZ, thanks, I will try more drops and the triangle method. I also set her up for a vet appointment on Saturday (two days from now) so we will see by then. I feel bad because I feel like I am doing something wrong, but her belly isn’t hard and round yet, still squishy. I will def keep everyone updated.

katzenjammer: Thank you very much! I will take some newer photos tonight and a video. She is getting even more adorable.

Oh, and we’ve named her Harley.

Anonymous
    Inactive

With love and care you’ve given wee Harley a chance at life. We feel bad because we don’t know if we’re doing it right. You’re doing good. 🙂

Angel Crofts
    Participant

Woohoo!! Sounds dumb, but I finally got Harley to poop last night!! Now, my question is, it was long and brown, Is that ok?

Kittyzee
    Participant

Sounds good to me, and I’m sure Harley feels better too! 😆 Good job!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.