12/10/2017-Thursday-Pet Obesity Day

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum TDK Cafe 12/10/2017-Thursday-Pet Obesity Day

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

We spend a lot of time fretting over our own, and one another’s, weight, but what about your pets weight? We join hand and paws and pay attention to raise awareness about this issue and promote healthier diets for our pets, many animal lovers get together one day a year to celebrate Pet Obesity Awareness Day. There’s a new show Animal Plant called https://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/my-big-fat-pet-makeover/.

I’m back…sorta! Cya and have a happy~
    PG

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m so excited about back that I arrived a whole day early 😳

Jeankit
    Participant

Psst…babies and kits are the good examples of being “chubby”/fluffy Luv 😉
    baby cat

orangie baby
    Gotta luv those orangies!

only weds

lagatta4
    Participant

Yes, it is a serious problem nowadays, and I’ve also encountered educated, health-conscious humans who think their cats or dogs are cute when rolly-polly.

katzenjammer
    Participant

Hey PG, glad that you’re back – and it’s def Thurs in NZ so you’re fine!

Agree Lagatta! As does my vet, who mentioned that she has to lecture many peeps that fat is not cute and is detrimental to pet’s health. Now Dorry is def a Slim Jim, not even 10 lbs and vet is pleased. He is not free fed and doesn’t get treats or any hoomin food.

Anyway, have a good few days all, I’m back on Caturday night!

Moonshadow_NZ

Yes it’s Thursday here in NZ for another 2.5 hours.

Yay PG, you’re back early. How is it all going? You’re not overdoing it are you. 😐

Jeankit
    Participant

Must Share: Borrowed from TDK FB:
    Fellow tdkr Sarah M little girl with fluffer-kit Taco:
    taco and li'l girl
    Besties – COA alert…just fluffy luv 😀

Kittyzee
    Participant

Awww adorable pic JK! Great pics and funny too–trail mix is M & M’s with obstacles!! 😀

Well, cooler here today too and welcome. I will enjoy having my windows open…after all it IS October!

The cats are loving the fresh air, as am I. I’ll try and stop in later, Avery is on the prowl downstairs…not good!

AV
    Participant

Thanks for sharing Sara’s adorable little one, JK! I saw that on FB – so precious!!
    Welcome back PG!!

My sister’s cat, Peter is an orangie and he is HUGE!!! he tops 22 lbs ….. definitely obese!!

None of my girls are fat (well, ok, Luna butterballs up when I keep her), but Abby, Caddy and Venus are purrrfect size according to the vet.

KZ, I certainly wish some of that cooler air would make it down here …. we’re still in the 90s 🙁

Jeankit
    Participant

Paw up – PM waves on TGiThursday!
    tgith
    Yup – Friday, just around the Corner!
    Cheers with cuppa fave brew to that!

Just peeking in…leaving in about 1 hour…have dental ~ won’t be back on ’til Tuesday! Heading Up North to close up…wishing all a better than expected next few days…mwah, smooch for Tux…later!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.