11 week old kitten – worried about URI?!?!

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 11 week old kitten – worried about URI?!?!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca
    Participant

Hi all,

We have recently brought home our 11 week old ragdoll kitten. She has been sneezing a lot as soon as we got here (5 days ago) and it doesn’t seem to be getting any better. She has a bit of gunk around her eyes and nose. She also sleeps a lot but I’ve heard that’s common for young kittens? She is eating but not much, according to the felix pouches we are feeding her she is meant to have two packets a day, currently she is eating about half of one pack.

I’ve read online that her symptoms may be URI infection. Does this sound like the case?

She still loves to play and is very affectionate.

Any advise or tips you may have will help greatly thank you. We are first time cat owners.

Thank you in advance

Buttons

I think she needs to be seen by a vet.. As a general rule I always bring any new adoptee to my local vet for a check up.. Feline herpes is often mistaken for cat flu I’d say your little one had been expose to the feline herpes virus it’s very common in kittens and some breeders aren’t very responsible with quarantining sick kittens and it’s easily passed to the others..L-Lysine helps so you can add that to her diet but she should be active and eating a lot so I think she needs a vet.. if you can get your hands on some goats milk and goats milk yogurt that will help her a little.. in the meantime make sure you’ve honey close by… just incase she gets worse if she gets very lethargic gum a little honey on her gums and as soon as a vet is open get her an appointment.. the funk may mean an eye infection and antibiotics would be needed to clear that up..

Rebecca
    Participant

Thank you for your help Buttons. She has had her first lot of kitten vaccinations and is due the 2nd vaccination on the 29th Dec. We will call the vets beforehand though and try and get her in earlier. She also isn’t drinking much water.

Buttons

that’s great 😉 as for her not drinking too much.. when a cat has a wet food diet they tend not to drink too much or at all because they can get all the moisture they need from the wet food to keep hydrated but I always add a little water to every bowl of food to make sure they definitely get enough liquids especially when they are feeling unwell..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.