11 day old kitten has diarrhea! help!

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 11 day old kitten has diarrhea! help!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sara
    Participant

Recently I rescued 2 newborn kittens and have been bottle feeding them. They are almost 2 weeks old now. They both have been looking very healthy and I’ve been feeding them formula kitten milk.
    Recently the kittens had went almost 4 days withought pooping but I had heard that the formula can make kittens constipated,
    I switched to the liquid KMR and now my kitten has diarrhea and I see a little blood in it!

What should I do?! Do I switch back to the formula that makes them constipated or should I try a different formula?

Kittyzee
    Participant

These are the problems I’ve always had using liquid and powdered formula. You can feed them goat’s milk entirely if you wish, it’s safe to do so. You can get it in the refrigerated section with the regular milk, or in the baking aisle in concentrated in cans (mix 1 to 1) or the powdered version (which I prefer). It’s full of probiotics and is good for their gut and does not cause constipation or diarrhea. I have fed it to my last two kittens with success. You can alternate the goat’s milk one feeding and then the other feed the powdered KMR if you like. I have also done this and it worked well.

Remember to get them to the vet when they are a little older as they could have parasites and the vet will administer a dewormer for them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.