10/8 Breakfast

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum TDK Cafe 10/8 Breakfast

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    GreatDane
    Participant

Thanks for the latte, Pipa’s Mum!!! Sorry you’re sick ppearson – hope you get well soon!

Boyzandme
    Participant

I need more coffee.

Renee in Arkansas
    Participant

Here is a simple chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have used this for more years than I can remember, so did my mom.

Chocolate Chip cookies

1/2 cup Crisco (shortening)

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup + 2 Tablespoons sifted regular flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup (6 ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate pieces

1/2 cup chopped pecans

Combine Crisco and sugar; blend in egg and vanilla. Add combined dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in chocolate pieces and nuts. Drop from a teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375F degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown.

Renee in Arkansas
    Participant

Forgot to add, this recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies.

KYKAT 12 23
    Participant

Home Made Peanut Butter

• 2 cups roasted shelled peanuts

• 1 tablespoon peanut oil

• 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if salted peanuts are used)

PREPARATION:

If using a blender, put the oil in first. Add the peanuts and salt next. Blend until desired consistency is reached.

In the food processor, use the metal blade to process ingredients continuously for 2 to 3 minutes.

Stop the machine to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Continue to process until the desired consistency is obtained.

For crunchy peanut butter, stir in an additional 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts after the processing is completed.

Yields 1 cup creamy or 1-1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter.

PipasMumSpain
    Participant

Dear Renee, I knew I should have asked my TDK big Sis first!

Thank you for the recipe… sounds very good!

Sorry you are sick ppearson, my throat is like if I swallowed sandpaper I have been on milk and honey all night!

paulajeanne, I never thought of making my own peanut butter… I guess I could give it a try!

Thank you all!

*hugs*

Renee in Arkansas
    Participant

Sorry to hear you are sick ppearson. I hope you get to feeling better. Drink lots of fluids, get some bed rest and plenty of kitty hugs and purrs.

Boyzandme
    Participant

Ppearson, thanks for posting the peanut butter recipe. Very easy, I think I will try it! PM when I have baked cookies, and substituted butter for the shortening, I use unsalted butter, that is from my sister, she is the one that bakes in my family.

Renee in Arkansas
    Participant

Pipa’s mum, I used to cook quite a bit when I was first married and my hubby was my guinea pig and taste tester! lol He never complained, he would say, it was very good and wanted more! I had a gift for cooking.

PipasMumSpain
    Participant

Renee, I am pretty sure you are one awesome cook. Hubby must be delighted…

When you have time I would love to have your cookie recipes.

I am translating the winter broths I told you about, using my dictionary like mad!

Renee in Arkansas
    Participant

Well, since Pipa started the cookie thing for breakfast and brought the coffee and latte’s, I guess I can bring all sorts of homemade cookies, take your pick.

Chocolate chip , oatmeal raisin, sugar cookies, coconut macaroons, peanut butter, lemon cookies. Let’s throw in some apple pie, too.

Sylmiafelixsmama
    Participant

Boyzandme, when I was going to College in Santa Fe, we took a bus from Santa Fe at 5am so we could get to Albuquerque in time for the lift off which was at 6am, I believe. There were hundreds of hot air balloons. You are lucky to be working in a building where you can see them fly by. I didn’t get to visit Albuquerque at all when I was there. So it means, I need to go back sometime in the near future.

Raspberry filled scones and grande mocha for breakfast.

Have a job interview at 10:00 in San Francisco. It is for a large Canadian bank. Think positive for me. Hope to land a job within the next two weeks.

Boyzandme
    Participant

Karin, come to Albuquerque anytime as my guest! Come next October for Balloon Fiesta, bring Instinct with you, this is his hometown. Good luck with your job interview. Sending you positive vibes.

paulajeanne
    Participant

Sad. Just heard on Fox that a woman was killed in that accident. So much beauty yet…

Boyzandme
    Participant

Update on the Balloon, apparently a balloon hit a powerline and fell. One person was killed. It was windy this morning, when it is windy the balloonist fly at their own risk. This is just so sad…

MaxandCali’sMom
    Participant

Good morning,all. Ppearson, there must be something going around-mine started out with the “sandpaper throat” a couple of days ago, then the dry cough, now the congestion and runny nose. Just went to Wal-Mart and asked the pharmacist-he recommended Advil Allergy Sinus. I’ve got to get better quick because I’m leaving Wednesday (in a car full of people) for my sister’s wedding in Va.

Boyzandme-we have a balloon festival in Howell, Michigan once a year. It is really a beautiful sight. My ex and I went on a ride once, it was a gift from me to him on our 13th anniversary. What a wonderful experience!! Have you ever take a ride?

Boyzandme
    Participant

M&M’s Mom, I have taken a ride on a tethered balloon, I’m a bit of a chicken. I will take a ride…someday, I just need to get enough nerve to do that! I hope you feel better soon.

NNGM
    Participant

MM’s Mom, it is “going around” on this side of the state too. We also have a flu-like virus going around. Perhaps it is the unseasonably warm weather. We need some frost to kill those viruses off! Hope you feel better soon.

MaxandCali’sMom
    Participant

Boyzandme-there were always two things I wanted to do before I meet my Maker. One was to take a hot air balloon ride, which I have done and lived to tell about it. The other is to parachute from a plane, which I haven’t done yet. But I hope to live long enough to accomplish that, too (I think!!). Guess I’ve got something about “flying”.

MaxandCali’sMom
    Participant

You’re right N&N’s Mom-the weather is usually much cooler than this in October.

It may not be that we’d have had hard frosts yet, but the temps are more in the 60’s than the 90’s!! I thought it was an allergy starting out, but it has developed into a full blown cold, I think. But come to think of it, I had to go to the hospital for a pain block, and all kinds of tests all over the hospital, so I might have picked it up there. What better place to get some kind of bug???

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.