10/8 Breakfast

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum TDK Cafe 10/8 Breakfast

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    PipasMumSpain
    Participant

Buenos días TDK’ers!!

I have woken up this morning with a craving for cookies and want to bake some. The problem is that I have taken a look at all your recipes and there are some ingredients that I can’t find in Spain.

Do any of you have a very simple recipe without oatmeal

PipasMumSpain
    Participant

ups! I pressed send without finishing!

I meant to say without oatmeal and shortening which I can’t find!

Thank you!!! By the way, I don’t have Peanutbutter either… 🙁

PipasMumSpain
    Participant

Oh no!!! I wanted to say I have prepaired lattes for all!! With a table full of extras!

Catwoman
    Participant

Thank you for breakfast, Pipa’s Mum. I am not much of a cook or baker, so can’t help you with the cookie recipe. Perhaps an internet search would help you? That is what I do on the rare occasion I attempt cooking! 🙂

PipasMumSpain
    Participant

🙁 It’s what I did Catwoman… but Spanish web pages don’t have recipes for cookies. We don’t eat them over here… We have a very dry bicuit we call galleta.

Boyzandme
    Participant

Good morning Pipa’a Mum, I don’t bake much either. I usually buy the stuff that is already mixed, you put it on a baking sheet, throw it in the oven and you have hot fresh cookies! I’m sorry. But thank you for the lattes!!

NNGM
    Participant

PM, by “shortening” do you mean butter? We use butter in almost all cookie recipes. Here is the recipe for chocolate chip cookies referred to as “tollhouse” – this is the first cookie recipe I ever used. Sorry for the American measurements. These are the best right out of the oven, still warm. Some people don’t like to put nuts in.

Original Nestlé Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies

Level: Easy Rated:

Source:

This famous classic American cookie is a treat no matter what the age or occasion. Enjoy it with a glass of cold milk.

Estimated Times:

Preparation – 15 min | Cooking – 9 min | Cooling Time – 15 min cooling | Yields – 60

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 large eggs

2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

1 cup chopped nuts

Directions:

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.

SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:

PREPARE dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

* May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.

FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (5,200 feet): Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.

PipasMumSpain
    Participant

Oh!!! Shortening is butter!! LOL!! I could hurt myself for being so stupid!!!

I just didn’t know what that ‘secret’ ingredient was!!

*groan*

Thank you very VERY much Nibs and Nora’s Mum… I feel a bit embarrased…

I will do you wonderful recipe of cookies this afternoon!!

Thanks again

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

Pipa’s Mum, lol actually there is an ingrediant shortening or lard that some use, but butter is used also. So don’t feel embarrased at all, and anything you make will come out wonderfully….the latte’s sound great >^..^<

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

Pipa’s Mum, try http://www.foodnetwork.com for recipes also….most of the cooking shows in the U.S. are on this network.

NNGM
    Participant

PM, it’s that language thing again 🙂

“Shortening” in the US refers to hydrogenated vegetable oil, usually sold under the brand name Crisco. We use it in things like pie crust. It was created as a substitute for lard. I suppose you could use it in cookies, but they would not taste nearly as good!

PipasMumSpain
    Participant

AZDEBRA, why that is so sweet of you thank you! Sometimes I get literally a bit lost in translation…

🙂

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

Pipa’s Mum, no problem, you do better translating than I would ever with Spanish 😀

Boyzandme
    Participant

Oh, everyone grab your coffee! This week is the International Balloon Fiesta here in Albuquerque, the balloons are passing right in front of our office building, there’s about 30 balloons outside! They are gorgeous!

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

Boyzandme, I keep promising myself that one of these days I will go to Albuquerque and see the Fiesta, just haven’t made it yet. They do a much smaller one in Sierra Vista, AZ in the next couple of weeks but they only have between 15-20 balloons (still fun to watch though).

Boyzandme
    Participant

It is fun, one balloon is amazing, imagine 750!

But I do have some bad news, apparently someone fell out of a balloon, I’ll keep you posted.

Renee in Arkansas
    Participant

Hi Pipa’s mum,

I have several cookie recipes, if you are interested. I have recipes for a simple chocolate chip cookie, seven layer magic cookie bars, butterscotch bars,chocolate brownie cookies, sugar cookies, chocolate cherry drops, probably even some lemon sugar cookies, maybe even some coconut macaroons. Iam a cookie fanatic. If you can’t tell, I used to bake quite alot.

KYKAT 12 23
    Participant

Thanks for the coffee guys. Friday I went to the Dr and was diagnosed with acute bronchitis. I spent the weekend in bed but had some good medication and am feelig much better today. I’ll take a few of those tollhouse cookies!!!!

PM if you can’t get the toll house chocolate morsels then buy a semi-sweet chocolate bar and break it up into small bits. It also works with other chocolate candies.

paulajeanne
    Participant

Pipa’s Mum, do you have a food processor? and can you get roasted peanuts in spain? or actually any kind of nut, cashews or even almonds. You could make your own peanut butter. I don’t know an exact recipe, but throw a few cups in and whirl away, add some oil, probably not olive oil as I think that would make it taste very different, but some kind of vegetable oil, and salt to taste until you like the consistency.

Boyzandme
    Participant

I haven’t heard any news yet on the balloonist, I turned on my radio to listen to the news. In the mean time our campus is completely surrounded by balloons! They are breath taking! There is are a few ball fields nearby, and my guess is that the balloons will try and land close by. They really can’t go much further south, because we are fairly close to the airport. I have taken some pictures, but I think I will bring my camera tomorrow.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.