10 Week old kitten – Aggressive playing

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 10 Week old kitten – Aggressive playing

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Linda Bartuch
    Participant

I just recently brought home a kitten he’s a little angel most of the time, but he’s exceptionally aggressive with me when he gets going. He is a normal kitten, he exhibits no hissing or growling when he does this, all he wants to do is play but it hurts. He’s left so many scratches on my hands it looks like I was victim of death by a thousand paper cuts! I’ve been exploring several online resources about this with no avail. He is most aggressive with me at night and in the mornings. I have been thinking of trying clicker training? I don’t want to go the spray bottle route because I don’t want to reenforce through punishment but rather through good behavior.. Any other ideas out there?

Hi linda! looks like ur little guy needs some engaging toys to entertain him. you can try a wand so u can interact with him or a ball track… https://www.google.com/#q=cat+toy+ball+track&tbm=shop

which may help him divert his attention. is he the only cat in the house? maybe he needs a buddy to interact with 🙂

nirmal

snowkitten
    Participant

When you play, do not play with only your hands. The kitty will learn to attack your hands if you do this. I like to use a laser to play with my cats. It keeps them far from your hands and cats LOVE lasers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.