10 day old kitten with vaginal discharge

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 10 day old kitten with vaginal discharge

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marki
    Participant

I rescued a day old kitten and she seems to be thriving. She is now 10 days old. I am feeding her fresh goat milk that I have frozen into ice cubes and thaw out as needed. I help her to pee before feeding and after feeding, she poos at least twice a day. Today she started having q little but of white dischsrge when she first starts to pee. Other than that everything is normal. She meows really loud. Purrs after feedings, holds onto my finger and tries to eat it. Everything I’d normal besides the discharge. Should I be worried?

Marki
    Participant

I can’t figure out how to upload the picture.

katzenjammer
    Participant

Hi Marki,

There seems to be a bit of tech issues with the site. Hopefully when they are cleared up one of our more experienced TDKers will be able to log in and help you.

I assume that’s her pic as your avatar – she is such a wee cutie!

My feeling is that if you are at all concerned you should call your vet and see if they can help, or want you to bring your kitty in for an examination.

Re uploading pics – you have to use an uploading site, such as Photobucket or TinyPic. There are quite a few free sites. Unfortunately TinyPic, the one that I prefer has not been working for me since yesterday. Wish that I could be more helpful.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Marki,

Thanks for rescuing this wee kit. She is too adorable. It sounds like an bacterial infection so call the vet. He may decide she’s too young for antibiotics but can give them in another week or so.

PG

Marki
    Participant

So, update! I took her to the vet. She is now on antibiotics and probiotics. She seems to have perked up a bit as I am giving her 1mL of filtered water halfway between feedings as well. Thank you for your feedback! I am just praying she makes it through the night. It’s going to be a rough one for me, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good to hear your wee girl is perking up. If she looks lethargic, you can put a bit of Karo syrup on her lips. Kittens can crash if they don’t eat at regular intervals and this will give her sugar boost.

Be positive Marki!

PG

Anonymous
    Inactive

How’s your wee girl doing, Marki?

Marki
    Participant

she is amazing! Her eyes have opened up, she is eating a little over a Tbsp of kmr a feeding, and she loves baths and my dogs!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.