1 week old with bad diarrhea pls help!!!

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Purrs 1 week old with bad diarrhea pls help!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    babejane
    Participant

yes very satisfied, finally!!! took some time but it all panned out. They took a healthy poo tonight. So I am finally happy and not worried as much. Nice to be able to relax a little

babejane
    Participant

Doing an update! They are doing great, playing like crazy and eating on their own. I am finally weaning them off the bottle. I am getting them ready to find new homes soon. I switched my profile pic to the female that had the worst of the symptoms. Right now they are attacking my feet lol. I thank you for all your help and support when I needed it.

jcat
    Participant

That’s such wonderful news, BJ, how FANTASTIC! Thanks so much for letting us know, often we don’t get updates and are left worrying what happened to the little ones. My gosh, you have saved two little lives, which is not easy, it’s a huge achievement with such tiny orphaned babies, with such problems too. They sound adorable and I LOVE your avatar, I love little tortie girls especially. I have one of my own and she is a wee terror. You are now an experienced kitty foster mum, so I hope you will keep looking in here as your expertise may help to save some other tiny lives — we always have new questions coming up!

Fairykitten
    Participant

So glad to hear they are doin well. I had a litter this young, and they got worms, it started as diarea and the distended tummy only one of three survived

jcat
    Participant

I’m very sorry for your loss, Kitten. It really is very hard to bring up orphaned kittens, unfortunately they are very fragile and the mortality rate is very high. Saving one little life was an achievement in itself. Bless you for doing that.

ladysky61
    Participant

If it makes you feel any better the mortality rate for orphaned kittens is approximately 80% Saving 33% is quite an achievement!

Babejane- Concats! You’ve passed the critical one month mark. The picture is so cute! You should post more and submit it for Daily Kitten!

babejane
    Participant

You saved one, that is what is the most important. I lost one of the 3 three days after I found them. It is difficult and to go thru but concentrating on the ones that do survive is the biggest thing. I had a tough time with the female which, happy to say is going to a good home tomorrow. The male left today to a good home as well. I made sure serious replies only. I was surprised how many responses I got when I told them they were hand raised. Many parents of young kids wanted to adopt them immediately. I couldn’t get good pictures of the male since he was so black and long haired he just came out as a black fur ball lol. But I am switching my avatar to him if it will go and show you what he looks like.

Maria
    Participant

i went thru the same i found 3 newborn kittens in my apts parking lot
    in a box ,no mom around,they still had their umbilical cord attach i assume they were about 2 days old ,my heart broke and i decide to take them home with me, i been feeding them formula from petco for newborns….2 of them eat pee and poop fine they eyes are already open, but bear has a bad infection in one of his eyes…i have read so much and this is what i did push very gently all the puss out his eye, clean it with warm damp cotton ball,Q-tip with a very little peroxide and then after i clean really good i apply ORIGINAL neosporin
    it has to be original without pain reliever have apply it every 5 hrs after a clean his eye….and guess what he is better he already open his eye and looks clean…i diluted 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar and water equal parts and rub a little in the back of his neck with a q-tip it says it keeps them away from eye infections he is separate from the other 2(polo and lune).Bear was the first one to poop but loose and yeah it can be diarrhea but it just do it once a day, ill try and dilute his milk i notice is very rick and fatty (greasy) if that doesn’t ill try the pedialite …..i want to let yall know that all your comments have been of so much help to me guiding me thru this journey 🙂 i already found one a home with a friend i know she will take care of him and im keeping the other 2. thank you for yalls help with the info posted in this website.

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.