1 week old kitten with fishy smelling urine.

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 1 week old kitten with fishy smelling urine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kristine
    Participant

I rescued an abandoned newborn kitten 1 week ago, and so far everything has been great. Took him to the vet and he got fluid injection + they said he seems very healthy so far but all of a sudden his urine is beginning to smell very fishy. It wasn’t like this before.

Kittyzee
    Participant

I’ll post a couple of links for you on hand rearing kittens. You say you have had him to the vet and he received a fluid injection, does that mean IV fluids? This could be the reason for the different smell to the urine. As long as he is eating well, peeing and pooping after you stimulate him, then I wouldn’t worry. Take him back to the vet if anything changes or he becomes lethargic and won’t eat. You can rub some syrup or honey on his gums and tongue to perk him up and then feed him if he should get lethargic. Make sure you keep him warm too.

http://messybeast.com/handrear.html

Bottle Babies

Kristine
    Participant

They gave him a little bit of sub-Q fluids. He wasn’t too badly dehydrated but said it could help with his pooping. He eats very well + pees and poops great when I stimulate him! He’s been gaining good weight every day, the sudden change in odor just had me a little worried. Thank you for the help.

lagatta4
    Participant

I hope your tiny baby is doing well – is that a photo of him?

Darling wee soul.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.