1 to 2 week old kitten not pooping

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum General Chat 1 to 2 week old kitten not pooping

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie1991
    Participant

I have a 1 to 2 week old kitten

her mom left her and to the other 5

she is pees all the time but she wont poop

What do I do?

I have had her for about 2 days feeding every 2 hours

when I see her mom I make her feed her.

I just got her to start takeing the bottle

we had to force her to drink it at first

I need Help

MadcatwomanintheUK
    Participant

Hi Stephy, welcome to TDK. You’ve got your hands full with 5 little kittens!

Are you helping her poo? Such young kittens need stimulation to help them, the mother cat would wash their tummies – you need to get a soft warm wet cloth and mimic this action by gently rubbing just above the kitten’s bottom.

Have a look on the main page of TDK Chat, scroll down a little and on the right you’ll see some hot tags in pink – click on poo/poop and you’ll be able to read some other threads about the same subject, that will offer advice.

Good luck – and keep usposted! :o)

Karenopa
    Participant

Hi Stephy..welcome to TDK! You mentioned that you are bottle feeding your kitten and I thought it may be useful for you to read up some on how this is done safely. If done improperly they can get milk into their lungs and become sick or worse. Hope this information helps you. I’ve never had a kitty that young and think it might be fun to raise one from that young an age. Keep us posted! =)

http://www.2ndchance.info/orphankitten.htm

Stephanie1991
    Participant

I am only raiseing 1 kitten the mom took the other 5

not sure if its a boy or a girl but I am doing my best its

a sweetheart I was looking on here earlyer and I tryed to get the

kitten to go to the bathroom but she wouldnt.

I dont know if Im feeding here enough

Thank you for the advise 🙂

Keep the baby in your prayes please

MadcatwomanintheUK
    Participant

Of course we will Stephy – do please let us know how you’re getting on, and if you’re worried or curious about anything, just ask – there’s always someone about to help!

Stephanie1991
    Participant

My baby cries loudly when I try and get it to go the bathroom is

that ok?

MadcatwomanintheUK
    Participant

Little kittens will mew a lot, but there’s a difference between that and crying in pain. Is her belly bloated and very firm feeling? She may be constipated. You say you’ve been looking after her for 2 days – was she pooing before that? There’s a thread on TDK somewhere with a video showing an extremely effective technique to relieve this problem called the triange method – I’ll go and have a look for it. Back in a mo –

MadcatwomanintheUK
    Participant
    Stephanie1991
    Participant

her belly is not Firm but my mom said that its normal when she cries but it sounds like Im hurting her so I am useing cotton swab now I was useing a rag

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.