Wednesday – 08-04-2015 – "Draw a Picture of a Bird Day" in the TDK Café

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum TDK Cafe Wednesday – 08-04-2015 – "Draw a Picture of a Bird Day" in the TDK Café

Tagged: 

This topic contains 27 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  JerseyJoan 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

katzenjammer
    Participant

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

Morning, thank you for sharing all the wunnerful piccies……my Crew just loves to watch Bird TV 🙂

Moonshadow_NZ

Moonshadow_NZ

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

Looks like a movie to watch, True Story…

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2273657/?ref_=nv_sr_1

When disgraced New York Times reporter Michael Finkel meets accused killer Christian Longo – who has taken on Finkel’s identity – his investigation morphs into a game of cat-and-mouse.

Storyline
    Jonah Hill plays Michael Finkel, a recently terminated New York Times journalist who’s struggling for work after a story gone wrong. One day, he receives a phone call from a man regarding an FBI Most Wanted individual named Christian Longo, who’s been captured and claimed to be living as Finkel. Longo and Finkel meet and form a potentially marriage shattering bond while Longo is in prison awaiting his trial. Finkel exchanges journalism tips for the real events behind Longo’s alleged heinous acts of murdering his family. Through the twists and turns in the movie, only at the end will Finkel uncover the True Story. Written by Mayor_G

User Reviews
    Terse Chemistry
    29 January 2015 | by SLUGMagazineFilms (United States) – See all my reviews
    In 2002, two seemingly unrelated events brought Christian Longo (Jonah Hill) and Michael Finkel (James Franco) into each other’s lives. While Finkel was getting fired from a writing gig at the New York Times for fabricating details about a cover story, Longo had murdered his family and fled the country. When Longo was finally apprehended, he gave the authorities Finkel’s name as his own. Based on Finkel’s memoir, True Story unpacks the bizarre details surrounding Finkel’s and Longo’s relationship and offers a contemporary version of Truman Capote’s In Cold Blood. The terse chemistry between Finkel and Longo is gripping to watch—it’s never quite clear who is using whom until the film’s final moments. These two actors deftly play out their characters’ battle for psychological dominance—Hill makes us feel Finkel’s inner turmoil, and Franco’s cool detachment is both alienating and alluring. Some praises also need to be sung about Felicity Jones, who plays Finkel’s quietly badass fiancée Jill. The scene in which she slices through the character insulation that Longo has built up around himself is a beautiful show of pure indignation. –Alex Springer

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

Love the Kiss It!!

ecbrown
    Participant

Good morning, Deb! Funny photos today, KJ and MS! Love the kittypult…lol. My cats bird watching set up isn’t quite as perfect as it was in Lubbock. Can’t get the back yard feeder, the one the birds prefer, close enough to the sliding glass doors because of the lemon tree. But they do see them and chatter at them some and watch all sorts of bugs, squirrels, bunnies, feral cats, etc… They seem to enjoy looking out the front windows too even though not many birds come to that feeder.

AV
    Participant

Still hopefully waiting for some humming birds to show up … Abby used to love bird watching in NC …. Right now its only squirrels and Big Sal watch for her …

Going to be record hot today, 86 for early April is crazy hot, especially when humidity is 90%!!

Love the pics today, another busy day ahead …. Have a happy all!

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

Morning ECB and AV 🙂

Different sets of birds in both the front and back but enough for them to watch 🙂

Supposed to be in the mid 80’s here too but not as much humidity, thank goodness.

Wow just what we need another street drug 🙁

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/everything-know-street-drug-flakka-181200977.html

Jeankit
    Participant

Midweek g’morn waves to KJ, MS, Deb, Av, anyone about to stroll in – Woot woot – luv the pics, thanks!
    Adding my 2.5cents:
    cat bird
    😉
    kiddie art
    cat bird doodle
    🙂

OK, art fun is over…time to get back to day 3’s fun…need coffee, smooch for Tux…later!
    Wishing all the best day yet…woot!

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

Jeankit
    Participant

Café fun as almost lunch time:
    cat playing w/legos
    ‘dis is how it’s done!
    kitten & lego

lego fun
    Cat Lego fun
    New Lego fun:
    golden girl legos
    For all Golden Girls Fans! 🙂

Me…grabbing a warmer on my java & back to part 1 for li’l bit!

JerseyJoan

Hi everyone – what fun pics! No seed in the feeder here, the bears will be waking up soon if they haven’t already, and they’ll be hungry! We still have lots of birds that hang out in the yard and sing.
    Cloudy and chilly here in Jersey. Think I’ll head to the TDK lounge with a tall glass of pink lemonade. 🙂

AV
    Participant

Joan, I’ll join you for a glass of pink lemonade, it’s a high of 86 here today…. we seemed to have bypassed Spring entirely and gone straight to summer! whew!!

… day going good so far, productive on the work front and all good with fishies and cats 🙂 ….. have a nice afternoon all!

Jeankit
    Participant

Summer fun on the TDK patio – I’m there too with tall iced java w/sprig o’mint!
    Ahh, this is the life eh Tux – oops, whispers think Aunts Joan & Av are both snoozing in the shade… 😉

feral
    Participant

Needed to break my concentration off of all that’s going wrong & this definitely did it. MS it can’t get any funnier than your ‘Kiss It’ pic. I get the same treatment from a couple pigeons here when I look out to the birdfeeders. They knock half the seed out just trying to fit on the perches. I can’t stop giggling at that pic. After 3 yrs. of not getting used A new mama hummingbird is nesting in the front porch nest they made about 5 yrs. ago. She’s a little more spooked than the past mamas but getting better as she gets used to me. I can’t wait to be able to watch the little darlings when they hatch. It’s a very fast process & hope I don’t miss any of it. They usually hatch between 2-3 weeks after mama sitting on them & then about the same amt. of time b4 they leave the nest. Gotta go. Having major probs. getting truck to cooperate so it passes smog. Thanks for the smiles to start my day off. Hugs!!

JerseyJoan

Nice to get together and enjoy the nice TDK weather, isn’t it? Hi Susie – wow, nesting hummingbirds, how cool! Please keep us updated on them if you can!

Jeankit
    Participant

Waving, great to see you Susie!
    Likewise Aunt Joan!

Me, happy it’s about 45 min away from quittin’ time – woot woot!
    If not back in a li’l while – wishing all a good rest of today!
    Hey Tux, carry on relaxin’ on the patio!

katzenjammer
    Participant

Late to Café but better late than never! Like that’s possible! LOL
    Love the pics, esp “kiss my A**” and the cat bird!
    Yes, I know we have all seen this pic, but it goes with Special Day theme as Dorry checking out Mr. Pigeon:
    Dorry_pigeon
    Kit playing with lego looks a bit like Dorry, ‘cept that my boy has equally placed “bullseye” tabby pattern on both hips. Would not let him play with lego, as it would result in myriad frantic calls to vet should a single piece be missing! 😯
    Another day over and expected stress. Did distract in spin class and hung out in locker room and with a group re the alleged firing of jerk spin instructor (yay!) radical protests from who cares and ope rant about some jerk participants. Then chatted with a lovely lady about how fun it is for some of us who love organizing closets, drawers etc.
    Came home to do vol translation job which kept mind well occupied as challenging. So hope that all had good day and yeah.

katzenjammer
    Participant

Nice to see you Susie!
    I love hummingbirds! Their super fast wings are amazing. Don’t see them in my n’hood but when I was a kid in summer in country we had some who liked to hang around and sip nectar (I guess) from bleeding heart flowers.

katzenjammer
    Participant

MS, if you happen by, I saw this and recalled your bra-sporting teddy:
    http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p711/katzjpickz/Picture%2010_zpsbmjzskys.png
    Now I do have leopard print tights and boy-cut undies. 😳 However no bra as not needed with my configuration LOL.
    Oh, and – just took peek outside and it’s snowing – just when I thought it was safe to stow boots away … 🙁

pussigato
    Participant

Hi Everybody,

Here’s a touch and go on a Hump Day evening to see how all are doing. It’s quiet here. The temp. is dropping and the wind is picking up.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/i.chzbgr_zps6okmtzao.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/images-1_zpsogbmkord.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/images_zps09r0p260.jpg

I don’t know about your bra wearing teddy MS, but I love this pic:
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/imgres_zpseut1jmsc.jpg

Miss Gaea is demanding my lap so I gotta go.

Have a happy~
    PG

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  pussigato.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  pussigato.

JerseyJoan

Such fun pics! It was windy around here today too, PG. KJ, no, not more snow!
    Leela is limping a bit, noticed it last night. She is favoring her right paw. It doesn’t look swollen. but when she gets into a good deep sleep perhaps I will be able to see something. I thought I felt each of her claws last night, so hoping none are ingrown. She may have strained/sprained it while jumping. She is so busy growling at Comet she doesn’t always pay attention to her moves to get away.

ecbrown
    Participant

Just catching up…Feral, how cool about the hummingbird nest! I’d love to see one someday. We did see babies last year so there must be nests in our neighborhood. We have wrens nesting, now feeding babies, in the eaves of our back patio. Been watching them since the nest building.

Hope you figure out what’s up with Leela, Joan. Emily had a mysterious injury in Lubbock once…walked like her shoulders weren’t working. It was awful not knowing what was wrong. Vet was stumped. But she slowly got better over four weeks or so. I think she jumped down awkwardly from something. The doorbell had rung that day and there’s always a mad scramble to get under the bed.

Such a sweet pic of Dorry, KJ. 🙂

Moonshadow_NZ

Hi all, great pics today, love the catbird.
    LOL at the pigeon pics and the cats wearing bras. Remember the fantastic Ginirosaru took of her cat ‘washing’ her bra in the toilet? I hope someone can post it here.
    You all seem to have such exoctic sounding birds feeding in your yards, I love reading about them.
    Susie, glad I made you laugh, I hesitated about posting that pic because of one word but decided to go for it anyway. Glad I did. Oh wow, a hummer nesting so close. Please keep us informed on how it’s all going Susie.
    Deb, I held my breath when the wee goat made it’s river crossing attempt. Phew ! Safe.
    Love the Legos, I got the lady scientist for eldest daughter so she can have it on her desk in her work lab.
    Awwww Leela, I hope you are ok.
    HRH is still worrying me a bit, she is suddenly very needy and wanting cuddles, I don’t know if she is ‘off colour’ or if there is another cat on her territory. I will be keeping a close eye on her.
    Heading to the TDK patio for a pink lemonade as even though it’s a dull grey day with the occasional spit of rain the humidity is high.

JerseyJoan

Hi ECB & MS – that is indeed a nice pic of Dorry. I do have a vague recollection of a cat dropping a bra in a toilet!
    MS, that’s the reason I’m sipping pink lemonade on the TDK patio, it’s too dreary in Jersey!

Moonshadow_NZ

Joan, I’m pretty sure it was Feeny that was caught in the act of washing his Mama’s bra and she got a great pic of the incident. Just looking for it now on Cheezburger.
    Haven’t been able to find the pic but did find some hilarious past threads while I was checking my favourites. There was the ‘table incident’ thread, pretty hilarious and risque and memorable.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Moonshadow_NZ.

JerseyJoan

I enjoy looking back at old threads too. Noticed the blue arrow isn’t on this page anymore. That’s the one that would point to other threads, fun stuff.
    See you on the flip side!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.