Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum TDK Cafe Wednesday 03-08-2017 – It's Clown Week!

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Moonshadow_NZ 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

katzenjammer
    Participant

Clowns are comic performers who employ slapstick or similar types of physical comedy, often in a mime style. The comedy that they perform is usually in the role of a fool whose everyday actions and tasks become extraordinary—and for whom the ridiculous, for a short while, becomes ordinary. This style of comedy has a long history in many countries and cultures across the world.

katzenjammer
    Participant

Purrsonally I don’t enjoy clown performances. OK, not to the extent of the psychiatric condition known as coulrophobia “fear of clowns”, but you won’t find me at a circus, not even at a “Cirque de Soleil” performance. But kits as clowns are always a-mew-sing!

pussigato
    Participant

Send back the clowns!!

I’m not fond of clowns esp. since I saw Stephen King’s IT. 😮 Although I did take the kids to see Cirque de Soleil performance a couple of years ago.

It’s humpday and I think I’ll get my pedicure. Cya and have a happy~
    PG

Mhà agad uile aislingean tighinn fìor (Scot Gaelic)
    May all your dreams come true

Moonshadow_NZ

Moonshadow_NZ

We had a cold grey day with on and off drizzle, quite unpleasant.
    This evening we had dinner with daughter Meegz and son in law to celebrate SIL’s birthday. We watched The Great British Bake Off(Mum and Meegz watch an episode every week together)even the boys watched it after their car/boat/machinery talk dwindled to nothing. 😆
    Home and HRH hadn’t even noticed we were missing as she was curled up asleep in her cat cave. She is definitely putting on some weight now.

lagatta4
    Participant

I don’t like clowns either, and WAS afraid of them as a child. But Cirque du soleil doesn’t use that kind of makeup. I taught English to members of their staff (not all of them performers). There were also FSL (FLT) teachers for Russians and other newcomers.

Their headquarters has an EXCELLENT cafeteria with very nutritious food, mostly organic.

I don’t do second-language teaching any more, whether English, French or Italian as it pays badly unless one is working for a university, Cégep or school board, and the private language schools don’t treat their teachers very well. I enjoyed doing it, but hated the conditions.

A hot, muggy day is predicted but so far it is pleasant, and I’m tidying up before I get down to work. Livia is outside in our back garden.

Kittyzee
    Participant

I’m not a fan of clowns either, but the clown pics of the cats is hilarious. I’d never do that to a cat, but I think they mostly are photoshopped, in which case, they are funny!!! The one of the guy in the yellow suit, UGH! 😆

MS, glad to hear that HRH is putting on weight and feeling good again. Maxwell always feels better in the winter–he’s my outside cat–he has a runny nose all the time. But I have been keeping him on flea meds that also control worms and he does better when I don’t forget it. 🙁 My vet let’s me get the large dog size of Revolution and gives me a syringe with markings. I empty the vial into the little syringe holder, get the right amount of the product, and put it on all 6 cats for a fraction of the cost of individual flea meds!! Revolution is much safer, but I don’t know why and it does kill the nasty buggers.

We are supposed to have showers today, I wish they would hurry up. My garden needs rain, especially my cucumbers. Avery likes to help me pick them. And oh my goodness our sweet corn has been excellent this year!

katzenjammer
    Participant

“Silicon” hehehe – I love wordplay.

So it seems that I am not having much success in finding lectures/courses of interest. Not my style but I walked out of today’s class, albeit at noon when it was supposed to end. 4 other peeps also left. From the topic “What If …” and alternative history I anticipated something metaphysical/philosophical. Instead I got a history lesson. Lecturer was all over the place. When he was discussing the Battle of Austerlitz I’d had it. 😐

On the brighter side I met my postman while coming up my walk and he had brought the knitting yarn that I need to finish latest sweater. Small things, but still.

Going to get some noms and esp coffee into me and recharge for tonight’s spin class. It’s a monsoon outside, very hot and muggy, but with my A/C I don’t much care. 🙂

ecbrown
    Participant

“Silicon” is my favorite too, KJ. Chemistry cat always cracks me up.

Thread title says Aug 3, but I happen to know it is Aug 2. How do I know? It’s my birthday! :). We couldn’t have skipped that day, right? Makes me think of the folks whose birthday is Feb. 29…girlfriend I had dinner with last night has a son who was born that day…first person I’ve known.

lagatta4
    Participant

Yes, I thought that was strange but because I spend all day correcting language and factual errors I try very hard not to be a persnickety bluestocking.

Happy birthday!!! Livia is in black carpet on the parquet mode. When it is chilly she’s a wee black ball on a soft rug or blankie.

JerseyJoan

Hi all – Happy Birthday ECB!!!
    Glad to hear HRH is putting on weight.
    Well, Baby Aslan has found his forever home. The young man lives with his mother, grandmother and two sisters. They have a 2 year old orange cat, which is probably exactly what Aslan needs, as well as his new daddy’s calm demeanor. I got a good vibe, so he completed an application, paid the adoption fee and that’s that.
    They were right. This is the hardest part of fostering!

Kittyzee
    Participant

Oh JJ! I’m trying not to be disappointed about Aslan, but I know it’s for the best. I would have told the young man, if it doesn’t work out, CALL ME! 😀 Do you suppose I have 5 indoor cats for any particular reason? Heh, yup, I just can’t let ’em go. But I have never tried to foster, and my heart is with you and others who can do it. You rock!

KJ, life is full of the little moments, which in my book are really the biggest…little perks that make life so enjoyable!

Happy Birthday ECB!! Avery’s birthday is the 6th, and mine is the 9th…lots of August birthdays. She was supposed to come toward the end of the month, but ended up coming early. Can you believe she will be 3? And I haven’t changed a diaper all week, she is doing excellent at potty training. She hasn’t even had an accident. I believe she is finally ready…it figures, since I just bought a big box of diapers, LOL!

katzenjammer
    Participant

Ooops! Yup for sure it is Aug 2nd – told you all today hasn’t gone 100% according to plan LOL. And me an editor! 😳

Well JJ, got to give you credit ’cause I would prob not be able to let Aslan go.

Jeankit
    Participant

Aw…Concats to you meowmy and TDK’s fave once Foster Baby Aslan!
    aslan
    Borrowed from your FB post…celebrating by doing kitteh yoga 😉
    #VisitingrightsforAuntieJoan 🙂

Jeankit
    Participant

Happy happy birthday ECB. Enjoy your
    Special Day with wishes for a great year ahead!

cat cake
    Time for purrday cake created by TDK Staff…Cheers with Cake!

lagatta4
    Participant

Do we have a more adult photo of the lovely Aslan? I’m glad that he has found a good home but I’ll miss hearing about hime.

Moonshadow_NZ

Happy Birthday ECB.
    JJ, I don’t know if I should feel happy or sad about Aslan. Sad that he is leaving your wonderful household but happy that someone else could see just how special he is and wants to love him furever.
    I have never been a fan of clowns at all and still aren’t really but some years ago when the girls were young we splashed out and took them to a Russian circus and the clowns were wonderful. None of the usual antics that I see as ridiculous and not at all funny. I can’t remember quite what they did now but it was smart, sophisticated and highly entertaining.
    KJ, you just used the date it was at my place didn’t you. 😉 😉 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.