15 September, 2008 at 4:13 am #20237
These are really a neat ideas. Please pay particular attention to #15.
The US Postal service sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep yellow-jackets away.
Use them all the time when playing baseball and soccer. I use it when I am working outside. It really works The yellow jackets just veer around you.
1. All this time you’ve just been putting Bounce in the dryer! It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them. It also repels mice.
2. Put Bounce around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are parked for a time. Will keep mice from getting in.
3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don’t get opened too often.
4. It repels mosquitoes! Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.
5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.
6. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.
7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.
8. To freshen the air in your home – Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.
9. Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner.
10. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.
11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of bounce inside empty luggage before storing.
12. To freshen the air in your car – Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.
13. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.
14. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.
15. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will
magnetically attract all the loose hairs.
16. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.
17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
19. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.
20. Golfers put a Bounce sheet! In their back pocket to keep the bees away.
21. Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh.
22. Quick, BOUNCE this along within the next 5 minutes! Nothing will happen if you don’t, but your friends will be glad to hear these hints!15 September, 2008 at 4:25 am #287672
Thanks for the great tip petpn
I knew it repelled misquitoes, but not the rest. WOW!15 September, 2008 at 4:48 am #287673
We put a sheet into our driving helmets before we put them away. It eliminates the nasty sweat odors from the fabric helmet lining.15 September, 2008 at 5:14 am #287674
Wonder if you can use them to plug the bath. See Urgent help needed-don’t laugh thread. Please feel free to giggle.15 September, 2008 at 7:08 am #287675
Wow,it repels yellow jackets? That’s great because I’m allergic to them and therefore terrified of them. Good to know.15 September, 2008 at 8:50 am #287676
Cool tips, but I can tell you that it didn’t work for me with the mosquitoes outside….they still attacked me in mass!15 September, 2008 at 8:57 am #287677
I need some – my pantry got invaded by ants the other day15 September, 2008 at 10:37 am #287678
I wonder if they would work on the Asian Paper wasp, we’re barely into spring and these darned wasps are already here.15 September, 2008 at 3:50 pm #287679
I am going to print this list and tape it inside the hall closet door. I use bounce sheets for all kinds of things but for cleaning the blinds, what a timesaver! Lots of other great ideas too, I always pack a sheet in with summer/winter clothes when I’m putting them away.15 September, 2008 at 4:00 pm #287680
kapitikats – if you have some bay leaves in your cabinets just put one where the ants are and they will leave – when we moved into our house we had ants thruout and put a bay leaf in each room – it really does work.15 September, 2008 at 4:24 pm #287681
Some of those I had heard before and some of them are new, so thanks for the info15 September, 2008 at 5:54 pm #287682
Yes, Bounce repels wasps too. All the boaters I know leave some sheets on board the boat to keep the wasps from moving in.15 September, 2008 at 5:59 pm #287683
you know what my college friends would use them for….
They would take a dryer sheet and put it on the end of a cardboard tube and use it to hide the smell of their smoke15 September, 2008 at 6:47 pm #287684
DEB: When my daughter goes out to give tours in a horse and buggy, they (the drivers) take a dryer sheet and rub it on their arms and face, and it repels mosquitoes that way.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.