Monday – 11/12/2017 – It's National Noodle Ring Day!

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum TDK Cafe Monday – 11/12/2017 – It's National Noodle Ring Day!

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  katzenjammer 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

katzenjammer
    Participant

A Special Day that all have been impatiently awaiting … yeah, right! We are certainly relieved that the Noodle Ring exists, and we can use noodles in countless recipes. Even the kits concur!

Moonshadow_NZ

ecbrown
    Participant

Good morning! I had to show the noodle pics to younger son. He’s a big ramen noodle fan. I limit how often he can eat them since they’re not the most nutritious food, but they make an easy lunch that he can fix for himself….ready for college…lol.

I hope you all are doing well. This fall is just flying by for us…can’t believe it. I’d love for it to slow down, just a little!

It’s chilly in North Florida today. I’m currently pinned down by a giant blond kitty keeping warm on my lap. :).

Kittyzee
    Participant

Hi ECB!! Good to see you and Merry Christmas! I love Ramen too, I like adding a few things to it, and some sesame oil at the end….just a great comfort food for me!

Noodles are so easy to make, I don’t know why I don’t do it more often. Avery would love to help. Trouble is, the cats would probably be walking all over them while they are drying on the table!

lagatta4
    Participant

ecbrown, I’ve found soba ramen made from buckwheat flour – that is rather more nutritious than other kinds. And of course I add vegetables.

JerseyJoan

Good morning – I keep a box of ring noodle soup handy, a good instant comfort food. Purrhaps I’ll have some to celebrate the day today! Lagatta, that ramen with veggies sounds really good.

It’s a chilly day here in Jersey, but the sun is shining. Days like this leave Miss Leela torn between napping at the sunny skybox or curling up by the wood burner.

pussigato
    Participant

Elbow macaroni haha! What exactly is a Noodle Ring?

It’s pasgetti

You must be excited to celebrate Christmas in your own home, ECB. Not even college students are big fans of Ramen But that is funny. ๐Ÿ˜†
    Apparently, I’ve been favoring my right leg because a few days ago, I tore my right calf muscle. Fortunately, I didn’t bang up my left knee. I guess I should have studied up on this healing process like KZ.

Miss Gaea is sitting in yard absorbing her vitamin D.

Cya and have a happy~
    PG

AV
    Participant

Coincidently, I’m making homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight! Always good on a cold evening! and I have enough stuff left over to make another 1905 salad to go with!

Just a week til my holiday begins – Mr. AV will leave to fly out to Vegas to help Son drive/move across the country. I expect them home around the 23rd, and the same with Dau and SIL, driving from Delaware with the cats …. Can’t wait, it will be such a nice holiday to have everyone under roof!

My on-line gifts are arriving almost daily now, just a few more to go, and should be here in plenty of time! ….. Hope everyone is having a great Moanday!

katzenjammer
    Participant

PG, I did a bit o’ research and here are noodle rings. Basically ring-shaped dish as one can assume.The 2nd pic is the trad Jewish dish “lochshen kugel” which can be sweet or less so as in savoury. But don’t expect me to be cooking it up anytime soon! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Freezing out today -17 w/wind chill factored in. Fortunately I wore my thermal undershirt under a srsly warm knit cable sweater.

pussigato
    Participant

You crack me up AV “On a cold evening.” It is relative, huh? You are having a huge family and furries party this holiday. That sounds like so much for you. I don’t have that much family (that I like). ๐Ÿ˜‰

Interesting KJ. I’ve never that interesting in noodles. Pasgetti is about the only noodles I like to eat. It’s really good with chili instead of regular sauce.

Kittyzee
    Participant

Aww PG, I hate hearing about you tearing a calf muscle–honestly, how in the world did you do that? It seems like it would be hard to do, and extremely painful. Girl, you have the winter ahead with slick icy parking lots and sidewalks–you have got to be careful–more so than on dry pavement. It absolutely terrifies me to think of falling and damaging my new hip… ๐Ÿ˜ณ

KJ, those noodle rings look GOOD!!

lagatta4
    Participant

I have never seen so many pecans on a kugel!

Here is a simple one – sort of savoury-sweet from the onions and other ingredients, that is similar to ones I’ve had chez Jewish friends, though they always made them in a circular shape (this was in Europe):

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/3063317/jewish/Onion-Noodle-Kugel.htm

It isn’t really necessary to make them here in Montrรฉal: good ones can be bought.

Happy Festival of Lights to all who celebrate it!

Moonshadow_NZ

Good afternoon all. Supposed to get to 27C today but it doesn’t feel as if it will but it won’t be far off.
    I was planting out seedlings last night and the soil is dry for at least a foot in depth. One city here hasn’t seen any rain for 47 days. It’s crazy dry.
    I have never heard of noodle rings but now I know. I’m not a fan of noodles or ramen now but used to be once. I must admit the soba ramen sounds better if we can get them here.
    ECB, lovely to hear from you.
    Oh no PG, that is terrible and must be painful and definitely not what you need.
    AV, sounds like you are gearing up for the big moves pre-Christmas.
    KJ. those are some interesting noodle rings. Mmmmm pecans and is that chocolate? Double yum.

katzenjammer
    Participant

For sure lagatta re bakeries that provide all “home-cooked” stuff. And picking off those pecans (if eating in private) would be half the fun! ๐Ÿ˜‰

No PG!!!!!
    So now you’re out of commission again? Did they tell you what to do for torn muscle? Rest I’d guess, ice, arnica purrhaps. But this sucks in a major way. ๐Ÿ™

MS, it looks like choco or caramelized. Srsly sweet!

Purrsonally I like pasta, esp my enhanced mac and cheese, simple to make and for me that’s saying a lot! ๐Ÿ˜‰

pussigato
    Participant

Ice, rest and Arica are what I can do. It’s feeling better today. I wish I knew how I did this stuff to myself, KZ.

The lochshen kugel looks tasty. I’d have to try the savory and sweet one so I can decide which I like best. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I had to water the bulbs, trees and shrubs the afternoon because we haven’t had measurable rain/snow in two months. We can only hope.

Yea Steelers-we’re AFC North Champions! Sorry about your Giants and Jets, JJ.

AV
    Participant

*squeezes* thru the wormhole and wraps PG in bubble wrap …. *installs* golf cleats on her shoes …. *opens the wormhole flap and yells* ‘ ok, I think we’ve got her now!’

Seriously, girl take care!!

I actually make Kugels a lot to take to many of celebrations with brother and fam ….. my pref is savory, but can make sweet if need to do. Also make a great matz soup!

katzenjammer
    Participant

Well, for anyone who’s interested, the Staff and Agency kitties have scrounged around for that pecan-studded kugel recipe. Warm from the oven slices are to be found at the wormhole. Enjoy! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.