A Beautiful SUNDAY morning CAFE !! 6/17/12

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum General Chat A Beautiful SUNDAY morning CAFE !! 6/17/12

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of SoxsMom SoxsMom 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    AV
    Participant

It’s a beautiful morning in TDK land………….. the Cafe is finally open, and the kitties have chosen a ‘Mexican’ theme for breakfast this morning! ……….. Mexican omelets, eggs and salsa, porch chops with mojo sauce and all kinds of accompliments……….. whatever your heart desires!

……….. the sun is streaming in through the windows and the kitties are dancing around swatting at pinatas………….. come join the fun!

paulajeanne
    Participant

I can just see the scene as a pretty jigsaw puzzle, AV! Good morning everyone. Been under the weather the last few days, lots of the residents, nurses, and cna’s have a stomach virus, and yesterday I came down with it, hope it goes soon. I can sure see why infectious diseases go crazy in places like this!

AV
    Participant

((((PJ!)))))…………. people should know better than to come to work if they’re sick!………… particularly in a health care facility, where people’s immunity is low because of illness……………..I hope you get better soon!…………. so nice to see you back on TDK these past few weeks, you were certainly missed!……………

………. just imagine yourself sitting in the Cafe in a big comfy chair by the window……… a big grey tabby curled up on your lap, watching the youngsters bat at the colorful pinatas…………… the kitties get transfixed looking out the window for a moment, as a large flock of bright red cardinals fly bye, chirpping hello………… AV runs over to the cubbard and drags out a large box and puts it in the middle of the room………. the kitties all crowd around anxiously to get a peek inside……….. she turns the box upside down and dumps the contents in the midddle of the floor as the kitties squeal with deligh!…………. it’s all sorts of colorful yard balls!……. the kitties immediate attack and balls are batted everywhere!……… soon the room is a colorful mess of string everywhere and kitties tangled and intertwined as they laugh and play………….

……………… a beautiful morning in TDK land!

SoxsMom
    Participant

PJ sorry you sure don’t need the crud!! I agree with AV, medical field personnel should know better than to work while sick at it is contagious and people are already in a weaker condition in a hospital!

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!! Took husband out to breakfast before his flight out. Local diner–the kids have been in my classroom and are awesome!! They make the best omelets ever!! Denver omelet for me–they don’t really grill the green peppers so they are warm but very crunchy, onion, ham, and cheese. Husband has tomato, mushroom, ham, and cheese with hashbrowns and sourdough toast. Daughter is a bit simpler with a slice of ham and a scrambled egg and toast. Wonderful meal with my favorite people and our waitress is also one of my favorite people!

Hi AV, PJ & SM! The cafe looks great and full of fun! PJ, hope you kick the crud real soon. Hey SM – nice to take hubby out for father’s day brekkie.

We had cheese and salsa omlets for breakfast today, yum! Graduation is Tuesday, wow.

Happy Father’s Day to all you daddies out there! Happy Father’s Day to my Dad in Heaven.

AV
    Participant

Sounds like a nice breakfast, SM!………. wonderful family time!!

….. Mr. AV and I are headed out to MIL’s for lunch……… neither of our kids could be here this weekend………. last weekend we spent a great time with Son, and next weekend, Dau is coming home to have her ‘Daddys Day’…..

….. hope everyone has a nice Sunday afternoon……… will check in later!

AV
    Participant

*waves* to Joan……… you snuck in! LOL, we’re all thinking omelets this morning! …………….. great minds………… :)

Great minds indeed! Have a fabulous day!

SoxsMom
    Participant

Once they grow up AV it becomes harder–bittersweet in a way. You raise children to become independent and then want to come home. Funny that circle of life! May our children be as blessed as we are!!

Observed a total of 6 kitties playing in my yard this morning. So incredibly cute to watch and quite entertaining for my duo! I think one of them is the mama. They are still kittens, although one of them may be mama, 4 black and one black and white. There’s a grey and white one too.

I need to try to help neighbor with them. Much as I love watching them play in the yard, it’s time to get them neutered, although she may have done that, will have to check. I will probably inherit the neighborhood crazy cat lady hat one day anyway.

SoxsMom
    Participant

Just saw a commercial for Magic Mike–I love Matthew McConaughey! This should be an interesting film;)

Not crazy cat lady–local cat advocate Joan!

Oh yes, that’s much better SM!

Anonymous
    ecbrown
    Participant

Ha! That is cute, Kilroy. I love a good dog/cat friendship photo.

SoxsMom
    Participant

Kilroy!!! That was absolutely the romance dreams are made of–adorable!

Husband forgot his cellphone–this could be a long trip! He called from Lubbock asking if I saw it–sure enough right next to his computer. He has his laptop and business cell, so he isn’t totally unreachable–he is just not a happy camper. Such is life!!

Decided that since I skipped Spring cleaning, I should do Summer cleaning! Want to clean the windows and have to make sure no more weeds were we are putting in new lava rock. I also have to remove the bush in the planter by the mailbox. Daughter said make a list and let’s see how much is done before Dad is back. Working with the kid make house work and yard work almost fun!

ecbrown
    Participant

I agree about work being more fun with a kid, SM. A couple of weeks ago I ended up with 5 days alone with my older son (long story.) But, we had a blast cleaning out and organizing closets, putting up a bird feeder, watering the lawn and drinking gingerale together every morning while we watched the birds and doing quiet things like going to bookstores and reading books. The closet chores were definitely more fun with him…he gave me the push to get started because he was so bored without his little brother.

choyt11
    Participant

i just went to the grocery store and bought greek yogurt, raspberry frozen yogurt, coke zero, pistachio muffins, local strawberries, whip cream, milk, and nectarines.

we had a strawberry festival 20 miles away yesterday and I didn’t go because I was rototilling. so i am having my own strawberry festival today !!!

SoxsMom
    Participant

Have you found Bronson and Melinda? Hope they are found soon!

choyt11
    Participant

nothing yet.

i just cut up some local strawberrie and now i’m going to put a little sugar on them to geet them to juice. then i’ll eat them with some whip crea. !!!

SoxsMom
    Participant

Try them without sugar–they have natural sugar and there is sugar in the whipped cream, no sense overloading on sugar when you aren’t feeling well. Have you been able to check with neighbors? I know that is how my dogs were found. It took about 14 hours, but we were so thankful for our neighbors’ help finding them!

jcat
    Participant

CSBM, the sooner you get onto looking for them, the better your chances of finding them.

SoxsMom
    Participant

JCat that is what is worrying me as well. The recent move might have them disoriented. Marnet brought up a good point that looking at the old apartment may be helpful too. I was hoping a few friend could give CSBM a hand in looking. If I was there, I’d be happy to look for them!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.