8 Day Old Kitten wants to eat way too much! help!

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 8 Day Old Kitten wants to eat way too much! help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jessica L
    Participant

Hi all, 3 days ago I was given a kitten from a “family friend” that was found on a construction site. She took to the bottle like a champ, and has been doing fairly decent potty wise. Both eyes have now opened, so I’m guessing she’s around 8 days. My huge concern is with how much she wants to eat per feeding, and has gotten a bit bloated. It’s looks like she’s swallowed a little balloon!!! I don’t know what to do, if i try to feed her less she refuses to go to sleep! Each feeding she eats 5-10cc, and will demand another feeding every 1-2hrs. She poops like clockwork: 2am and 8am, and it’s toothpaste consistency and a brownish orange.

Kittyzee
    Participant

Hi Jessica L., your little kitten sounds like she is doing well. Keep up the good work. The bloat could be caused by worms or parasites, which the vet can give you some meds for once she is old enough. Since she is doing well and pooping, I wouldn’t change anything at this point. Pasteurized goat’s milk is a good alternative to powdered KMR because it is non constipating and contains good flora in it for kittens’ gut. It can be found in the cooler milk section of most grocery stores as well as canned in the baking aisle. The canned is condensed, so you will have to add water 1 to 1. Good luck!

Jessica L
    Participant

Thanks for the reply! Would it be a good idea to change up what she’s eating? Last time I tried to give her liquid KMR to curb the constipation, she ended up with some soft but not quite diarrhea poops. Also, is it ok to give her anti colic medicine? I read on one site that it would help with the colic, and it’s been helping her burp and she let off a gnarly fart yesterday! I’m worried though she only pooped at 2am last night. I’m sorry for all the questions, I’ve never dealt with such a fussy baby. My 8 year old was a bottle baby, but she was a no fuss little one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.