75 year old woman goes to a Comcast office to say what she thinks of their servi

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum The Newsroom 75 year old woman goes to a Comcast office to say what she thinks of their servi

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Dee from Tampa
    Participant

JenniferSigman
    Participant

LOL! Good for her. When the cable company has a monopoly on service (like Time Warner here) the customers suffer.

HuddysMama
    Participant

Mona put the hammer down didn’t she?? Good for her. Comcast stinks – we just got changed to it a couple of months ago and my bill STILL hasn’t quit going up!

Jennifer, we just got rid of Time Warner – Comcast bought them out.

Elene_YorkPA_7/21
    Participant

Wow – wish I had her nerve. Comcast bought out our cable service last year. I never had one minutes problem with my old company, but the very day of changeover the problems started and continue, along with constant increases of charges. The courts made the phone company break up because of monopoly and I think they need to stop Comcast too. When I heard my cable company had been sold to Comcast I was in tears because I knew that the problem free service was over. In the past year I have spent hours and hours on the phone trying to resolve problems and some of them continue to this day. They know that if I want high-speed internet they are my only source, and could care less about me.

Sylmiafelixsmama
    Participant

Good for her but bad for her too. Better to just go in and ask for a manager to yell at. Comcast is horrible. Here in California they have a strangle hold on the cable. In Alameda, we have another cable company that is owned by Alameda that is not much better than Comcast. They charge about three to five dollars less but they are not open on Saturdays or after 5:30pm for those of us who work and need to either return a cable box or obtain in person services. I wish we had more options. The only good thing is the current place I am in, the property management pays for basic cable so we pay the difference for digital cable, two premium channels and the sports package. It is still expensive as we pay $100 a month for that. If we paid for the whole package it would around $150 a month! Ripoff!!

MaxandCali’sMom
    Participant

I totally understand her frustration, too. These so-called “service” companies should be subjected to some of their own tactics!!!

There was a incident here in Monroe some years ago-a lady was disgusted with Detroit Edison (electric company) and went into their downtown office with a shotgun!! Needless to say, she was arrested, too.

gatakitty
    Participant

Oh, how I love my Direct TV!

HuddysMama
    Participant

I guess Comcast is taking over, when I was in California we had Time Warner. They sure do suck! All monopolies should be terminated. It’s just not right for the taxpayers. We get choices in everything else.

AnnF
    Participant

Here in Chi-town, we don’t have monopolies, but RCN’s “service” is unbelievably bad. We’re talking the kind of bad that in olden times, would have gotten epic poems written about it. (I resort to limericks that have a few words that rhyme with “duck.”) We’re talking about the kind of bad that makes Congress look good. Their badness is so monumental it’s like their competition stole their policies and procedures and training manuals and substituted versions to make RCN look bad, and nobody at RCN noticed the difference.

Our building gets RCN so I was stuck with it for a while, but now the building’s “great package deal” was suddenly canceled, unless the building wanted to pay about twice as much…

Jo in Blairsville
    Participant

Oh, how I love my no TV!

2 Popoki
    Participant

I have just switched from dial-up to cable for my computer only. Not for the TV… and I’m already at odds with the cable company about the $34.95 charge for the free installation/activation. humph

Thanks for the warning.

We are going to try to get internet at home after Jan. I will NOT try comcast.

JanetinEllijay
    Participant

I’m with Jo – My tv is for watching DVDs only. I had DISH for a brief period until my neighbor’s trees got too tall. DISH told me to cut the trees down! I told them to cancel it, that is why I had called. In less than a day, I never even misssed the tv.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.