7 day kits bloated no poops

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum General Chat 7 day kits bloated no poops

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chila
    Participant

I am fostering (3) 7 day old kittens. They are all moving around, meowing (screeching more like it lol), peeing and eating just fine. They have not pooped in 2 days. Is this normal? They are on powdered milk diluted with water and more recent feeding added a couple drips of EVOO but still no poop. They have a little pooch but are not complaining when we stimulate the anus. I’ve called a few vets but have not received any advise other than what we already have tried. What is the norm amount of days to go w/o pooping for kittens this age? I was planning on taking them to the vet because I’m worried about their lack of poops. PLEASE HELP!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Chila,

Here’s the go to for most TDKers. Hopefully, this will help you and please check back if you have more questions. Also, you might add Goats’ milk to the formula. It’s easier on their tummies and gives then some probiotics. Mix it 1 water/1 Goats’ milk into the formula. You can find Goats’ milk in the Refrigerator section or the baking aisle.

http://messybeast.com/handrear.htm

Kittyzee
    Participant

http://dailykitten.com/chat/topic/chaos-guide-to-constipation/ Here is a great link for constipation. Wonderful advice from PG too! You are doing what I would do exactly with the EVOO. It’s not uncommon for them to not poop everyday. Once they get into a routine, it will help, but the goat’s milk should help. You can find it in cans in the condensed form in the baking aisles of most groceries, even Walmart. Mix 1 to 1 with water. I fed it entirely to my last kitten and he just turned a year old at the beginning of May. You can feed them that entirely without the KMR, or you can mix it if you like. The powdered KMR tends to cause the constipation I have found. Keep us posted and good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.