6 week old lethargic male kitten help

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 6 week old lethargic male kitten help

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ashton
    Participant

How effective is the oil. I have a kitten that was dumped at our house. The vet says he is 6 weeks he didn’t think he would make it through the night but he did. He wont eat solid food so we are giving him the formula the vet gave us. He is very congested as well so I made a humidifier for him. He hasn’t pooped since we got him Wed. night. I have tried to stimulate him but nothing. This is our 4th foster kitty. We also have his box on part of a heating pad and have him in a warm spot. We had one live he is 1 now and strong but we also had 2 last month and they died from coccydia. So scared to name this one…Any input is helpful. Thanks.

Kittyzee
    Participant

I don’t understand why a 6 wk. old won’t eat solid food, unless he’s so congested that he can’t smell food which sometimes is the case. I don’t know what you mean by the oil, unless you mean adding it to his formula or food to help with constipation. At 6 wks. he should be using a litterbox by himself without stimulation I would think. Did the vet prescribe an antibiotic for his URI? Bless you for taking in these foster kittens, it’s a hard enough job when they are well, but seems they keep giving you sick ones. How disheartening. The oil helps soften the stool and get things moving, but he just may not have been eating much. You could add some solid food to the formula and make a gruel as he is probably lethargic because he is not getting enough nutrition. Please keep us posted on your kitten!

Kittyzee
    Participant

Ashton, I’m going to post some links for you as well, I forgot to do it in my post above!
    http://messybeast.com/handrear.htm
    http://www.safehavenforcats.com/newborn.htm

Chaos’ Guide to Constipation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.