6 week old kitty hasnt pooped yet

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 6 week old kitty hasnt pooped yet

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kelly
    Participant

Hi all, I’m new here. I found your site trying to find help for my little girl. We just adopted Tallulah from the shelter yesterday. She started eating some and drinking today. She finally peed in her litter box but no poo yet. She was very nervous and shy yesterday but doing better today. Has even been playing some. She seems ok other than not pooing. I’m sure she is upset and adjusting, but I’d feel better if she’d go potty!She meows every now and then but doesn’t seem to be in pain or anything. She is secluded in a small bedroom with her food and water away from her litter. Her litter is in a small pan. They gave her medicine right before she left as a precaution for some sort of stomach issue. They said it would make her foam at the mouth for about 10 minutes which she did. I’m wondering if something in the meds might have plugged her up or is it a case of nerves. I mean should I be worried yet, is this normal? I feel like this is like having a newborn all over again! Trying to take the best care of her that I can? Any advice is greatly appreciated ??

Anonymous
    Inactive

Concats on adopting your wee girl and yes, it’s like have a baby all over again.

I don’t understand why or what the medicine for. What signs did she exhibit? Was it a dewormer?

Anyway, she is getting settled her new home and she may not need or feel comfortable enough to poop. Call the shelter and find out how her bowel movements were up until you got her.

You can feed her wet food and put a bit of olive or mineral oil in her food. That often helps them poop.

PG

Kelly
    Participant

Thanks for responding so quickly! They judy said before she left they had to give her 2 medicines for GERD or Giardia. Something about intestinal issues being common coming from a shelter. And diarrhea. The medicine caused her to foam at the mouth, but they said it would cause it was so bitter.im thinking it could have plugged her up a little. Other than not pooping still and meowing some she seems ok. She’s eating a little and drinking good. Praying she’s Ok! The shelter opens in an hour and I’m calling them.

Kittyzee
    Participant

Because she had diarrhea from the Giardia, she may not poop for a couple of days. You can get a pill popper from your vet where you can place the pill further down the throat and they will swallow it easier and not taste the bitter pill. Or you can do it with your fingers, pushing it back on her tongue and then massaging her throat to make her swallow. Maybe some food afterward, to make sure the bitterness is gone so she doesn’t foam at the mouth.

Kelly
    Participant

I’m sorry, I meant that tbey were treating her in case if GER $, she never had diarrhea that I saw.

Kelly
    Participant

UPDATE: WE have POO! And she finally went wee again! I’ve never been so happy about feces in all my life!! Thank you to everyone for listening and responding! ??

Anonymous
    Inactive

We get excited too!

lagatta4
    Participant

Happy World Toilet Day! That is the 19th of November, and addresses sanitation issues. I’m so happy that a bit of cr*p was a cause for joy. Bless you for caring for this wee baby.

Kelly
    Participant

Thats how it feels! And she went again! Now I can finally get some sleep tonight????

Kelly
    Participant

little Lula Belle,  super pooper?????

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.