6-7/2/2016 – Library Lovers Month

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum TDK Cafe 6-7/2/2016 – Library Lovers Month

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Libraries are a sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life; they offer security and peace and quiet. They are also a place where you can focus surrounded by likeminded people with the desire to acquire knowledge. Love your library for the community center with a treasure trove of ideas.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/tp8012_zpsoeonwlz3.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/images_zpsv7bgwafl.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/2d1ec66fd876475aeff45481c009e2f1_zpssb4ndso6.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/bonus7_zpsg5ixjfh5.gif
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/images-1_zpskbgyrhig.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/images-3_zpsmqfjrnup.jpg
    it tis upon us, it tis

Cya later and have a happy~

PG
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/8847b4cecd1bef80a42ec7e3f463c551_zpsvbitdks6.jpg

Moonshadow_NZ

It’s Saturday evening here, we had a damp but very humid Saturday and we are enjoying the drop in temp this evening. HRH has given up counting raindrops and headed to bed with her daddy and will most likely be sprawled on my side of the bed when I get up there. 🙁

ecbrown
    Participant

These really made me chuckle today, PG and MS. Thanks! Ten stories up….heh.

Going to Denny’s with older son in a bit for a little mom/son time. Had some time with younger son alone earlier this week.

AV
    Participant

Great pics PG and MS!
    Night MS, give the ‘bed hog’ scritches ……
    PG, that’s nice – enjoy your Mom/Son breakfast, I love those opportunities when I get them 🙂

A chilly Sat. here, rain brought a cold front, with another one behind it tomorrow …. good day for me to stay tucked up in bed with my furry partner watching our cooking shows …. Mr. AV is golfing (he’s an addict), so we have a nice lazy morning …

Kittyzee
    Participant

Good Caturday morning from Ohio, and LOVE the pics too, PG and MS! I forgot to do my star wars name, kept meaning to do it before I hit submit last night and STILL forgot, LOL! Mine is Chalu Riurb…heh, and I like star wars, but really only saw the first one in a theatre many years ago, then life got busy and I watched the tv series every now and then but….
    Love the library theme, and yes I find it a sanctuary and love browsing the aisles of books. Love going to any bookstore, but in our local mall all of the bookstore chains, are all gone. How dumb. But the mall is in serious trouble too as most of all the big anchor stores have pulled out. Who knows what will become of it?
    Off to the shower and then Hazeling…where oh where did that Hazeling cat go to I saw here last week?

JerseyJoan

Happy Caturday everyone – books and cats, nice combo. I’m re-reading a series of books on my Kindle. Leela is snoring softly (girls’ snores are dainty) and I’m so tempted to lay down and read a chapter or two next to her.
    100% of Roberta’s Ranch residents were present at the cafĂ© this morning. A split instant before I opened the can of food I thought the top looked a bit bowed. It smelled awful! I served it anyway, thinking that cat food doesn’t always smell like roses and it might be me, but it most certainly was not. It’s a strange signt seeing six homeless cats looking up at me instead of nomming away at the food. “This is a joke, right? We’re not eating this.” I proceeded to tell them it wasn’t a joke, but rather a terrible mistake and I would fix it at once. Wrapped the icky food up in alum foil and a plastic bag (left it outside, no way is it coming back in), washed the plates and served up food that was much, much better. They may be homeless, but they’re not stupid!

lagatta
    Participant

We have a lovely new library in my neighbourhood, BibliothĂšque Marc-Favreau. (He was a children’s entertainer, known throughout the French-speaking world for his clever play with language).

Yes, these are in French, but you don’t have to understand it to appreciate the pleasant surroundings. I especially like the room with a (gas) fireplace. It houses the current periodicals, but you can also bring books into it to read, and as everwhere, work on your computer. This is right next to a metro station.

My tallest bookcase almost reaches the ceiling, and Renzo would jump atop it from my desk when he was younger. Quite a feat not only because even from the desk, it is quite a jump, but because there is so little headroom between the top of the bookcase and the ceiling. Of course at his advanced age, he no longer attempts that. But cats are always attracted to books because they like to get in between humans and whatever they are working on…

Moonshadow_NZ

Good morning all,
    It’s a beautiful day and going to hit 27+C here today. It was already 25C as we had breakfast after a warm night. HRH found it too hot to share the bed and went to sleep on the mat on the bathroom floor.
    ECB, what a great idea having separate ‘me time’ with each of your boys.
    AV, you are having the same Saturday we had, see we really do road test each day for you. Rained or drizzled off and on all day.
    Hi KZ, I have enjoyed Star Wars over the years but like you saw only the first 1 or 2 at the cinema before life got busy and have had to catch up since. Saw the recent one at the cinema over the Christmas break.
    Yay JJ, 100% attendance. OH NO ! A can of bad cat food. YUK ! The cats must have been giving you some major stink-eye when they smelled it.
    Lagatta what a stunning library and beautiful views from the windows. My suburb is getting a new library – being built at the moment. I can remember when it was just a small room tucked behind some stores and have seen it move many times and grow over the years.

JerseyJoan

That library is amazing, Lagatta! Very cool to see it as an empty building and watch it get filled with books and people. It’s looks friendly to kids and families and groups as well as the solitary book worm. I would head straight for the fireplace room!

katzenjammer
    Participant

Evening,
    Brand new Montreal library opening in my n’hood as well this month! Huge section for books in tandem with arts centre, with dance performance space dedicated in honour of my modern dance teacher back in uni, Iro Tembeck RIP, 🙁 Loads of English books and gterrific exchange system. 5 libraries within walking distance, and free!
    Speaking of kits and books:

null

katzenjammer
    Participant

Guess some TDKers will be in this mode for Super Bowl Sunday. Not me! LOL

lagatta
    Participant

Oh, I’m glad you also have a new library and Maison de la culture, Katzenjammer! The Nelligan search engine is great, but it can’t search by language of books; I’m looking for books in Italian, which are often in St-Michel or St-LĂ©onard – not a problem in the summertime, but not particularly easy to access in the winter when I don’t cycle that far.

For example, I found this by Primo Levi:

Titre Tutti i racconti / Primo Levi ; a cura di Marco Belpoliti.
    Auteur Levi, Primo, 1919-1987
    Éditeur Torino : Einaudi, 2005.
    Résultat Titre précédent Titre suivant

Collection ET biblioteca 6
    Description xiv, 935 p. ; 20 cm.
    Langue Texte en italien (Collection multilingue)
    ISBN 9788806179175

I’ll certainly not be able to read all that in one shot, but I’ll order it. My thesis involved another Levi from Torino – Carlo Levi. No, they were not relatives.

The slight-framed man with greying curly hair in the second video – beside his young daughter – is an old friend and colleague of mine. I love his daughter’s very precise descriptions.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.