5 week old kitten runs away from litterbox

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 5 week old kitten runs away from litterbox

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Johnmichael
    Participant

Okay so, I found a 5 week old kitten and took him to the vet to make sure he’s healthy.the vet said he was good and I got the first vaccines it needed. I realized the cat wasn’t litter trained after finding poop and pee in my room and in other places. I tried to keep introducing it to the litter box but every time I place it in there it runs out instantly. I found it peeing in a cardboard box nearby and realized it’s peed in there before. I removes the box and put the litter there instead but the kitten still refuses to use it and runs away is if it’s scared. What do I do? I’ve got a new litter box and new litter and it still runs away.

Kittyzee
    Participant

Hi JM, make sure you have plain clay unscented litter first of all. A strong scent in litter turns cats off and they can’t figure out what it’s for. They have very sensitive noses too, so take some of your kitties’ poops and put it in the clay litter. Make sure it’s a box that he can get in and out of easily too. Then after he has eaten, that’s the best time to put him in the box. Try to clean the areas really good where he peed and pooped and make sure the box is in a low traffic area and where he won’t get spooked when he tries to use it.

Cheri Hoyt
    Participant

also there is a litter called “cat attract”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.