5 week old kitten hasn't pooped :(

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum General Chat 5 week old kitten hasn't pooped :(

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Laurach
    Participant

I have a 5 week old kitten and she hasn’t pooped. She pees in her litter box and she’s always running around. I don’t know what to do, I’m really worried about her 🙁

Daisy Mae
    Participant

Is she eating? If so, how much? Maybe you need to get your kitten to the vet. I just hope your kitten isn’t pooping somewhere else. Keep an eye out.

Kittyzee
    Participant

At 5 weeks old if she hasn’t pooped–and I don’t know for how long it’s been–then you need to get her to a vet. If she is eating wet solid food, then she should be pooping. I know that sometimes at 5 weeks some kittens aren’t interested in solid food…then you can add some olive oil to her formula to soften things up and get them moving along. You could also switch to goat’s milk, which is just as good as formula and is full of probiotics and will give her immune system a boost. You can mix formula/milk with wet food to make a gruel, that she might be interested in also.

Laurach
    Participant

She’s still drinking formula. If she doesn’t poop by tonight I’d take her to the vet tomorrow morning

Kittyzee
    Participant
    Daisy Mae
    Participant

I think that’s’s a great idea. She may be constipated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.