5 month old kitten refuses to use litter box

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 5 month old kitten refuses to use litter box

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rachael
    Participant

Help, I have tried nearly everything I can think of or have read online. My next step is to try dirt. I have a 5 month old kitten the will not, and to my knowledge has never used the litter box. She has 2 adult cats (1 being her mother) in the home so she sees them using the litter box(es), 2 out of 3 of her litter mates figured it our with in days of being introduced to the litter box, the other caught on eventually also. But she still will not use it. I have tried all kinds of litter, I’ve tried “kitten attract” both the litter and the mix that can be added to any type of litter and she is not attracted. I even tried an empty box with just a bit of the mix. We now have 5 litter boxes in various places, I put them wherever she’s been going and still she’ll go right next to them but not in. I’ve covered many areas with foil and bubble wrap, its kept her from going under the couch but that’s about it. She has multiple spots and if I block a spot off she just establishes another.
    Any other ideas????

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.