5 day old kitten hard/stuck poop need advice.

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 5 day old kitten hard/stuck poop need advice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lady Moo
    Participant

Hi there, Im new to the forums. I picked up a 5 day old rescue kitten, shes pretty active for being the runt but I think the formula has done a number on her. She has a Very hard piece of poop stuck at her butt, i’ve delt with kittens this young for several years but never encountered this problem in a kitten this small. I need some advice for how to help un-stuck the poop, im afraid she’ll get sick if not able to eliminate.

Thanks

Lady Moo

Rea5
    Participant

I would take her to the Vet and let them manually get it out. There could be some other sort of blockage. You could try just rubbing her tummy with a warm wash cloth. Try to break it up maybe but its a very dangerous situation even for an adult. There is also adding a drop of olive oil to the formula to help with constipation. It might be to late in this situation if you know its hard and stuck.

jcat
    Participant

You could try running some luke-warm water over her little bottom and see if that helps. And gently rubbing some vaseline around her little backside.

Lady Moo
    Participant

Thankfully she passed 2 nuggets at the 6am feeding. Hopefully the rest will come out a bit easier. The warm water helped with a little bit of help from me, icky as it was I didn’t bat an eye, I want my little one to thrive! Hopefully the rest isn’t as hard for her, Ill try the olive oil. Thank you Jcat and Rea5.

jcat
    Participant

You’re very welcome. I’m glad it helped. If you click on ‘poop’ and ‘constipation’, you’ll see just how common this problem is (and find lots of advice on how to help).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.