5-7/9/2015 Labor Day and Father's Day

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum TDK Cafe 5-7/9/2015 Labor Day and Father's Day

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Today we celebrate Labor Day in the U.S and Canada. We celebrate the labor movement, which gave to us better working conditions and fair treatment from our employers and the government. Many families spend Labor Day as a weekend vacation.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/imgres_zpswnzy1pmv.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/MissMnapping_zpsrwvehuwt.png
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/international-labor-workers-day-a-festival_zpsdlgo70fm.jpg

This weekend is Fatherโ€™s in New Zealand. I wish all fathers a wonderful, happy day.

When I was a baby,
    you would hold me in your arms.
    I felt the love and tenderness,
    keeping me safe from harmโ€ฆ

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/images_zpsede1yyj1.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/imgres-1_zpsrgglzw2d.jpg

Enjoy your weekend with family, whether hoomin, furries or both!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/imgres-1_zpsu70glbds.jpg

PG
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/images_zpsfxkqe21o.jpg

Moonshadow_NZ

Happy Labour Day for Canada and the US.
    PG thank you for remembering it is Father’s Day in NZ.
    I am worn out this evening. Daughter called this morning to say we were going shopping and then things progressed from there and we ended up at a local lake in the ranges at a cafe for an early lunch and then we walked along a canal and admired lambs bouncing around and ducks with their young swimming. Very lovely day but now my poor knees are complaining, time for some arnica gel to make them happy.

AV
    Participant

Morning (here) PG and MS! …. love the pics!
    MS, that sounds like a lovely day with Dau – love those!
    Mr. AV, Dau and I are headed to Orlando this early morning, we’re working a charity golf tourney for kids with special needs ….. we’ll have lunch somewhere fun, then head home ….. from there, we’ll enjoy the three day weekend! ..

… Abby still keeping a vigil for Sal ๐Ÿ™

Moonshadow_NZ

Have a wonderful day AV.

JerseyJoan

Happy Labor Day and Happy Father’s Day! Such fun pics, thank you!
    MS, what a lovely day strolling along the canal admiring the lambs and ducks! Hope your knees feel better when you wake up.
    Fun day planned, AV – have fun. Poor Abby, wish she could feel the comforting vibes we’re all sending her.
    Late last night heard my wind chimes clanging loudly – they are small and only jingle softly in a breeze, if anything. Turned on a light and there were four teenage raccoons playing on the stand they were hanging from, batting them around and playing with my watering can. Adorable! I say teenagers because they weren’t babies (no mama around) and they weren’t quite full grown either.

Kittyzee
    Participant

AWWW, Joan how sweet! I love racoons really, but they can be so destructive. I saw little ones in a dry creek bed about two weeks ago, no mamma anywhere I could see and I counted 7!! Wow, that sounds like a lot of kids ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I see so many teenage racoons along the roads unfortunately.
    MS, what a lovely day you had with dau, hope when you wake up you don’t have lasting knee problems. Why do we have to ‘pay’ for a day of enjoyment as we get older!!??
    AV, sounds like a fun Saturday for sure. I can just see Abby sitting by the doors waiting for her buddy.
    Well, I did sleep in longer this morning than I do during the week, but my cats weren’t having any of it. Willow even crawled under the covers, and ‘nosed’ his way against me and stuck his cold, wet nose on my skin jolting me awake! As I was laying on my side, he laid over me then started kneading the sheets sprawled like that! They were all chirping and whining about being hungry. I need to say something to Mr. KZ about giving them a bit of food on the weekends to tide them over so they don’t expire before I get downstairs! ๐Ÿ™„
    Oh, love the pics PG and MS! I think I love the one with the ‘pee heart’!
    Happy Father’s day to fathers everywhere!

ecbrown
    Participant

Shoot, Internet just ate my (long) post. Well, I’ll just hi for now then!

AV
    Participant

Afternoon all! EC I hate when that happens! …… So frustrating!! ….
    The golf tourney was fun! Those sweet kids are so loving and happy, a pleasure to work with! …. A lot more fun than some serious men’s tourney with puffed up egos and boatloads of complaints!

Thank you all for the positive vibes for Abby ….. She still keeps looking for him, but at
    Least she’s eating …… She went on a ‘fast of sorrow’ the first few days he didn ‘t show up!

Glad you got to sleep in KZ, that’s my plan tmrw …. Sparrow fart o dark thirty is WAY too early for me!!!

Buttons

Waves to all ๐Ÿ™‚

MS your day sounds so lovely!! Must be nice to get some one on one time with your daughter.. As for those knees…. Mr B always had issues with his knees until I insisted he take evening primrose oil religiously everyday. It’s been at least a couple of years now since he last complained about them being sore ๐Ÿ™‚

AV your gold tournament sounds like fun! Hope they raised loads of money ๐Ÿ™‚ I feel bad for poor Abby .. There’s nothing worse than not being able to cheer the furries up ..

KZ I’ll be making my attempt at a long Ly in the morning ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve put extra food down for the babies and made sure to clean the two litter trays also.. Hope no cold noses wake me ๐Ÿ™‚

Joan love to hear about the raccoons .. Believe it or not people were bringing them in as pets to Ireland and now there’s been several sighting of raccoons around Dublin! So looks like they are settling in a little too well.

Well I’ve had an easy enough week .. Still sad over Scarface but I know it’s for the best . And strangely enough only 2 days after Scarface passed away I spotted another white cat running from the ruins of the hose beside us! Never seen it before and was about half the size of Scarface . Haven’t seen it since then though.

Moonshadow_NZ

Good morning all, it’s a chilly windy and wet day after yesterday’s beautiful sunny day.
    Joan, the knees were less stiff this morning and I am even considering another walk weather permitting.
    LOL at the raccoons teens playing with your wind chime, guess they were just hanging out in the garden doing mindless teen stuff.
    No Father’s Day celebrating here as Mr MS is away today but local daughter has plans for him in the coming weeks.
    KZ it’s just no fair when you want to sleep in and the cats won’t let you. Don’t you just live a cold wet nose – not.
    Hi ECB, sorry about the post being eaten. It’s always so difficult to rewrite a lost post just how you had it the first time round.
    AV, glad the tournament went well and was so much fun. I was thinking of you and Abby last night. HRH went out just before bed time for a wee stop and when I went back 10 minutes later to let her in she was growling at a teen ginger cat sitting about 4 feet away who wasn’t at all intimidated and appeared to be quite friendly. It eventually wandered off but now I think I know who has been leaving yakked up furballs on the deck and the smell of tom cat. I think HRH has another admirer. How is Abby doing today?
    Buttons I have tried Evening Primrose oil with no success, my knees are too damaged from kneeling to scrub floors at a job I had as a teen. ๐Ÿ™
    Another white cat Buttons? I hope this one doesn’t have health issues.

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

Waves at everyone, hope that all is well.

This looks good…..Carrot Apple Salad Recipe
    Total Time: 5 minutes Serves: 2
    INGREDIENTS:

3 Carrots, peeled
    1 Apple, grated
    1 1/2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
    1-2 Tbsp. lemon juice
    Sea Salt & Black Pepper to Taste
    DIRECTIONS:

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and serve

katzenjammer
    Participant

Seems that you get more of a holiday in US – here in Canada Labour Day is only on the Monday, meaning that peeps who work on wknd will be wkg this entire wknd. ๐Ÿ™

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

Joan, Awww love the visual of the teen Coons playing with the wind chimes, they do find amusement where they can.

AV, so sorry for Abby still searching for her Sal. Wonder if Sal’s Mum is on FB, if so could find out for sure that she moved.

Jan, sounds like good day with your dau, hope that your knees settle down with the pain and let you rest comfy.

Buttons, sad as it is about Scarface, it’s hard to convince the brain that it was for the best. Quiet cheers for the seeing the younger white one.

KZ, maybe you will be able to lie in come morning, good luck with that…..never works with mine ๐Ÿ™‚

ECB, hate when the computer seems to eat whatever I have typed, of course I can never remember exactly what I typed before.

katzenjammer
    Participant

Paws up to Joan and KZ for lighting suggestion! I realized that I not only had a teensy nightlight stashed away, but also a merely decorative daffodil in vase with stamens that are tiny lights, hard to explain but battery operated. So now it’s on LR bookshelf and turned on when other lights turned off, so that I can see what furry I might inadvertently encounter in the dark!

katzenjammer
    Participant
    AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

Waving at everyone, I will be working tomorrow night which will count as Labor Day here. Sitting here watching the critters parade by, so far it’s been rabbits, cattle and a mountain lion strolling along (none near each other)

http://news.yahoo.com/dog-lost-yellowstone-national-park-found-42-days-170624583.html

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant
    AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

How sad, this young lady went to help those in Nepal and was murdered after only 3 days in-country ๐Ÿ™

http://news.yahoo.com/american-woman-murdered-nepal-101548330.html

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

Hope that they find the Blue Whale so they can untangle it from the lines and the buoy….

http://news.yahoo.com/rescuers-seek-blue-whale-tangled-off-california-coast-021318089.html

ecbrown
    Participant

Good morning! Abby had a “fast of sorrow”. My heart is breaking all over again. :(.

We had a great Saturday. Pumpkin Coffee Cake was great and we had a great time with aunt and uncle. Now that older son is twelve, I let him stay up for his first night football game…watched University of Florida’s season opener last night. The first three of the season are all night games and he’s a big fan, so I thought it was time…

We’re swimming at a friend’s house this afternoon. Made my loaded potato salad again to take.

Eko and Leo are making great progress getting along after their surgeries. We’re not quite ready to leave them unsupervised…but close. Emily spends most of her time in the master bedroom, but she’s more okay with that than the boys would be. (She has some Leela in her.). :).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.