4 Week Old Constipated maybe?

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 4 Week Old Constipated maybe?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lillie
    Participant

So back in august a stray cat came around and it never got pregnant so we assumed it was a boy and never caught it and brought it to a shelter or anything. But then it got pregnant and on April 16th she had 4. She wouldn’t feed them and put them in a muddy hole in a bush SO we had to take them, they were 3 days old. The first week was okay, they were eating canned kmr from a eye dropper. After 1 week 3 of them died. And now we have one more who is 4 and a half weeks old and has been doing very well! We switched to powdered PetAg Replacer and has been doing well even though she won’t take a bottle. She eats a lot and was just starting to play. But yesterday she didn’t eat anything and slept a lot. She hasn’t pooped either so I think she’s constipated. She has this weird thing above her genitals, it’s like a huge ball like thing that’s hard. She is losing a lot of weight. What do I do?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Lille,

It’s possible she is constipated. KMR/PetAg concentrates will give kits constipation. Here in TDKland, we recommend Goats’ milk for kittens. Cats are lactose intolerant and can’t digest cows milk. Goats’ milk is full of nutrients, probiotics and gentler on their tummies. This can also regulate their poop. If you are using the Goats’ milk concentrate, mix it with pedialyte. Pedialyte gives an extra the extra boost. Keep in mind if they seem lethargic put a dab of Karo syrup or honey in their mouth. Sometimes this is all they need to give them the added energy boost to get them eating. A smidgen of mineral oil in their formula can usually help them poop. Here are some links with good information on caring for your wee kits.

http://messybeast.com/handrear.htm

I can’t think of what the bump is so I recommend calling a vet. If you need a low cost vet here’s a list of them Nationwide:

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_pet.html?credit=web_id91754962#Assistance_by_state

Good Luck and keep in touch
    PG

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.