4 newborn kittens constipation.

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 4 newborn kittens constipation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HeatherNicoleexD
    Participant

I took in 4 newborn kittens (2 more than I’m use to)from a friend who’s dad was going to kill them if they stayed in his barn. I’ve raised newborns before and have never in my entire life come across the problems I have in this litter. I’ve had them since they were 2 days old for one. For the first 3-4 days they pooped every time I stimulated them. Then I put them on powdered KMR that you can get from tractor supply because I put 2+2 together and decided after the hartz flea medication and collars I didn’t want them on the liquid formula. So now, my black calico will not poop, at all, at first she was to the point she wouldn’t even move but I started feeding her with a syringe and she’s slowly gotten back onto suckling the nipple. Then there is the runt, she can’t be eating more than 5ml of forumla. Which is nothing, at all. Both are half the size of their brothers. And I understand males are usually bigger but they don’t even have round bellies. So here is the deal with all of their poops.

Calico: When I stimulate her before she eats she starts to poop, nothing comes out but it looks like a firm poop. like a plug and no matter what direction or length of time It will not come out or she eventually decides she doesn’t want to and puckers up. I have thought that maybe she was just trying to poop so I keep rubbing for 30 seconds or more until I give up. Then I do it after she eats, same result.

Runt tabby: same deal. A kitty butt plug and not even a bit of poopie.

White male: eats a tablespoon(bottle marked) or half each feeding. He hasn’t been pooping either but finally did yesterday. When he did, it was a mustard color and very runny. Before they all had mostly firm orange yellow.

Orange male: The fattest one of all eats like a cow and has always been my best pooper. He’s still doing ok but he also didn’t poop until yesterday. But this is also a weird runny consistency.

I’ve been putting 8 drops of vegetable oil in 3-4 tablespoons of formula,(as marked on bottle not spoon measured) and if you don’t know about how large that is the bottle is about 4 inches tall. I’ve done 2 teaspoon of powder per 2 table spoons. (it normally calls for 1 tablespoon of powder for every 2.) I don’t know what else to do. They were born on Friday the 13th. I don’t know what else to do. None of their tummies are firm although I’m not getting any, to barely enough to make my washcloth look icky. It’s been 3 days. The girls aren’t firm because they are skinny. The runt has gone downhill and the calico I call pumpkin has gotten worse , then better. I believe if I can find out how to get this stubborn poop out of her she’ll live.

would the pumpkin theory work for fiber?

Kitten laxatives?

pedialyte, is there a certain kind to use?

What about the thermometer and lube to make passing waste easier?

I need any and all proven ways to make a kitten poop. I’m at loss for what to do, I’ve never had this happen before is such severity.

HeatherNicoleexD
    Participant

I meant 1ml not 5.

HeatherNicoleexD
    Participant

I can’t get the triangle method to work. Either I can get my hands right to do it or something. It seems like that method only stimulates them to pee…

HeatherNicoleexD
    Participant

I’ve been up all night trying to get them to poop please someone reply I’m to the point I’m ready to dump them off at a rescue. I can’t handle these 3 hour nights of sleep. I’m tired of staying up all night trying to get them to poop with NOTHING.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.