4 day old kitten won't eat.

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 4 day old kitten won't eat.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steven
    Participant

Okay so I made a post yesterday about getting three three day old kittens. One of the kittens won’t eat now, and still feels like he has a full belly after four hours. I have no idea what to do. She is also semi lethargic. Help please

Kittyzee
    Participant

If you have honey, or some kind of syrup you can rub it on her gums to give her a perk up, as her glucose levels are probably low from not eating. If she perks up, try and get a little warm goat’s milk formula into her. The additives you mentioned in your previous post won’t hurt the kittens. Make sure she is warm, you can even put her against your skin under your clothes to warm her up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Steven,

How’s your girl doing? Paws crossed that she’s doing better.

Steven
    Participant

She is doing much better, she has actually started to put on weight! Sadly her little sister died last night around 4 am, I’m just glade she isn’t suffering anymore 🙁 Her brother was sick as well, but he is also making a comeback, putting on weight and eating on his own again. If one of these little guys makes it I will be a happy person.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Despite our best efforts, some wee kits aren’t for this world. You knew her for a few days but she has all your love furever.

Her sister is playing in the Meadow across the Rainbow Bridge. All of TDKers’ kits have welcomed her with open paws.

http://www.petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm

I’m glad the sibs are doing better. They have you and your wife caring for them now.

Steven
    Participant

I know she is I just wish We could have saved her, makes us really sad. It’s crazy how fast they go from thriving to not doing well at all, all happened it two feedings. If another one does, will the single kit be okay? Or will it struggle. Just trying to prepare for the worst.
    Thank you so much for being here for us to talk to.
    Best wishes from us.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.