4.5 week foster kittens, coccidia- please help.

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Purrs 4.5 week foster kittens, coccidia- please help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Adobe711
    Participant

Hi there,

I just took 3 adorable long haired foster kittens into my home for a local no-kill shelter. They are very underweight for their age, 4.5 weeks and one is particularly tiny. All 3 are affectionate and clingy but what worries me is that after they arrived at my home today I found out they had coccidiosis from the vet. Out of the 10 times they have pooped tonight, all have been runny, some have blood in the stools and 4 times it was on my bed (I did laundry today and hadn’t put the sheets on yet, so it was on my mattress cover :().

Any advice to keep them ok till the morning when they get their meds? Also, litter training tips would be appreciated, as they only go there when I place them on top. I guess it is a new environment too for them and they still don’t know where everything is. And my last question would be how to keep the runt from dying, his brother and sister always push him away from water, food and my lap.

Thanks so much everyone,

Kate

Oh! And ps, how to get the stains out of my mattress cover? It is heavy duty and not supposed to be taken off for a year in the chance there are bed bugs. Thanks!

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

http://www.messybeast.com/handrear.htp is a very good site for handrearing little tiny ones. You may have to use a syringe to ensure that the little ones get enough fluids, will put up pink tags on the top right to help with other links. An enzyme cleaner should work on the mattress cover stains.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.